“Wonderful weekend in the New Forest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodgreen
Avon View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Woodgreen B&B and Inns
Loxwood, United Kingdom
“Wonderful weekend in the New Forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic week-end at Avonview where we enjoyed warm hospitality from Andy & Dean including the best (and largest) breakfast I have ever had at a B&B and a lovely cream tea. At all times we were made to feel very welcome in a beautiful house in a beautiful setting. So great that we booked our return trip on our last day there!

Room Tip: Lavender room has a view of the beautiful gardens and roll top bath
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just arrived home from a fantastic weekend staying at the Avon view. Our hosts Dean & Andy provided immaculate accommodation in a most beautiful setting, with wonderfully personalized finishing touches. Dean makes a breakfast of champions, a wicked cream tea and anything else you could wish for. The fine details of antique glassware, fine China and cottage decor, along with immaculate gardens ensure this is a peaceful, quaint and highly desirable get away. Already planning our next stay. Highly recommended. Massive thanks to our hosts for making our stay so special. Paul & Tina Curtis

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did a short pre-Easter break at Avon View. What a treat! From the moment I started emailing Dean for a reservation to the moment we pulled into the driveway, we were treated like family. A welcome pot of tea and scones by a roaring fire in beautiful decor. The area is beautiful, with easy access to Salisbury, the Sea, and the New Forest. We took daily walks in the woods with fantastic views. The Lavender Room was very comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect and more. The breakfast is unbelievable! Fresh fruit then your choice of whatever you want in a full English. Freshest eggs and tasty sausages.
We really hated to leave the great hospitality from Andy and Dean - what wonderful hosts. Again, made us feel like friends and family from the start. We will come back in the summer and maybe the fall, too.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I'll start by saying that Avon View is the best bed and breakfast that my fiancee and I have ever stayed in. From the helpful directions that Dean provided us with prior to our arrival, to the cheerful posting on of forgotten items after we left and all the time in between, everything about our stay was perfect. The location is great and Avon View is so tranquil. The house is a beautiful cottage full of amazing antiques that Dean and Andy have collected over the years and decorated exactly as you might imagine an English cottage to be. The gorgeous bedrooms have fresh flowers from the fabulous garden and have all the facilities you would expect from a top quality bed and breakfast. The breakfasts are fantastic. Perfect. I'm using that word a lot in this review. I'm vegetarian and can't eat dairy but Dean produced the best breakfasts I've ever had on a trip away, right down to providing soya yoghurt for the muesli that accompanies the best selection of fresh fruit you could ask for. But it is the cooked breakfasts that follow, which included veggie sausages for me and sausages, bacon and black pudding for my fiancee, that are to die for. They are perfect for setting you up for a few miles walking to the pub through the woods and across the marsh! We didn't feel like eating again until late afternoon. Dean is incredibly friendly and interesting to talk to with lots of helpful tips and advice and he made us feel very comfortable during our stay. I could go on and on. The were so many little touches that make such a difference, the lovely organic toiletries in the bathroom, maps available to take on walks, honesty bar, lighting the fire on a cooler evening.....Well, to summarise, this place is perfect!

Room Tip: The Rose Room has a beautiful roll top bath and lovely views to the front of the house. All the room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Newton Abbot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Having stayed here several times, I still cannot find enough words to express how much I love the place. Dean and Andy are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much trouble. We have always stayed in the Lavender room, which picks up the wonderful smell of the freshly baked bread from the kitchen below. It's all the extra touches which makes this such a wonderful place. The furnishings, the honesty bar, the fruit bowl and drinks in each bedroom, the garden, the complementary cream tea on arrival, the fabulous hosts and the absolutely stunning breakfasts. Even with my very restricted diet which prevents me eating wheat and several fruit and veg, Dean went out of his way to make sure I still had a full breakfast - even going so far as to label my plate in the morning to ensure I didn't mix it up with my husbands! We are booked to go again in a couple of months and I cannot wait. Feels like coming home. I keep threatening to find a cupboard to hide in when we're due to leave! Dean and Andy - we'll see you soon.

Room Tip: Lavender room is the largest, then Rose, then Bluebell.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
North Walsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We were blown away by the reviews but having been there we agree with all the good things they say. Dean and Andy were excellent hosts. The food was perfect - the fruit platter was a superb idea and of course the cooked breakfasts were also perfect with every wish catered for. The lounge was cozy and warm and the whole house furnished in a style fitting an old house with history. Even dog towels were provided at the door. The garden is beautiful with a circulating stream, fish in ponds etc although sadly the weather did not allow much use of this facility. The bedroom and ensuite were again furnished in keeping with the rest of the house and had everything we needed.

We particularly enjoyed the complementary cream tea on arrival. Our room was the Lavender Room (see photos).

The location was perfect for seeing the sights of the New Forest, coast and Salisbury.

We would thoroughly recommend this place for anyone - it certainly made our sometimes dull days out more pleasant having this lovely and friendly B&B to come back to.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This our second trip to Avon View and our friends third trip. Once again nothing was too much trouble for Dean and Andy. We stayed in the Bluebell room which has got everything and more you need. We had a super breakfast both mornings and Dean suitably catered for me as I am trying to loose weight. Goose eggs were tried by my husband for breakfast for the first time. We will be back again as you cannot get better than this.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Been to Avon View Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!