“A very relaxing stay.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Burley
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
“A very relaxing stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

What a great find this hotel was, peaceful and secluded with attentive staff and truly wonderful food.
A bonus is that they allow your pet to come too!
Instant access out onto the moor via the car park made walking the dog a breeze.
Truth be told the room decor is looking a little tired but really only in the room to sleep so not a massive issue.
Can't recommended the restaurant highly enough. Very, Very good chef!!!
Will definitely return.
Chris, Jenny and Vinnie the dog and a half.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when I visited friends in the area. Unsure if I had chosen the right place initially as a lone traveller but I have to say, what a welcome I received. All staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful, especially the waitress in the breakfast room (19th January) I had been dreading a compact single room with shower only, which I detest but I had requested a bath if at all possible on booking, which I had. I stayed in a keeper room that would have accommodated three people so I was more than comfortable. I didn't go down for a meal in the evening so cannot comment on restaurant or service. However, the room service was prompt and the meal ordered was of a good standard. Breakfast was plentiful and as a lone traveller I felt quite comfortable being in the breakfast room alone. The other point of note; I never sleep well when I'm away from home as my own home is somewhat isolated and very quiet. I have to say I slept like a baby, it was so quiet and comfortable. Highly recommended and it's worth paying a little extra for a larger room. Oh I nearly forgot - the baileys creme brûlée is delicious!! I am due another visit in March so they can expect me to return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Trudy H
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just returned from 2 nights stay at Moorhill Hse Hotel. Been to New Forest many times but stayed in the busier parts ie Lymington/Lyndhurst areas. The location of Moorhill House is via approx half a mile drive into the woods which makes for a tranquil setting. Room and facilities great, food in restaurant great. Even used the pool which is a first for me. All in all would rate 10/10

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hshul
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very enjoyable stay, great location , very very heplful staff. The food was very good , overall a great stay. We are planning a return visit in the summer , as the weather had made walking in the very muddy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vaughan129082
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We booked this hotel in the Autumn using Tesco points. We could not have wished for more beautiful and relaxing surroundings. The hotel itself is situated on a hill in a peaceful setting above the village. Service was excellent in all areas . Our room was the Keeper, a standard room, but clean and more than adequate. Breakfast was not only copious, but absolutely delicious, a mixture of freshly cooked to order items and buffet. In the evening we decided to eat in on both occasions and thoroughly enjoyed the food. We also received a complimentary bottle of wine on each evening for booking before 2 o'clock. Briliant food and what value!
We also had the swimming pool and sauna to ourselves. These were scrupulously clean and there was a good supply of fresh clean towels. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Choose whatever you can afford, but our standard room was fine.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here using red letter days, and my fiancé upgraded as a surprise. The hotel was lovely, the room was huge with beautiful views of the gardens and a great four poster bed. The staff were great, as was breakfast, we'd definitely stay again

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura_DFG
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I've just returned from a very enjoyable 2-day break to this hotel and found it to be much improved upon my previous stay 4 years ago. Set in the middle of the New Forest, you couldn't wish for a more tranquil location close to the quaint village of Burley.
This small boutique hotel boasts a small indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room for the use of its guests as well as possessing decent gardens surrounded by natural woodlands. The twin-bed room was large and comfortable with a decent sized en-suite bathroom.
The biggest improvement was in the standard of food - the breakfasts were varied and delicious, offering a variety of fresh fruits, cereals, yoghurts, fruit juices together with a choice of cooked breakfasts, toast, croissants, tea and coffee.
The staff were friendly and very attentive.
Overall excellent value, and I shall be definitely returning hopefully when the weather is rather more clement!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jnbtt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burley
Burley Manor
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Moorhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!