All reviews new forest pool and sauna dog towels hotel is situated tucked away lovely hotel family room short break wedding venue dog friendly hotel four poster bed lounge area each evening quiet location dinner menu old building food was fantastic
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely visit at this hotel. The decor was lovely and the staff seemed kind. The only thing that annoyed me is that we were asked to enter my card into the machine which ‘wouldn’t charge me’ to find out it would and that £1 would be donated to the new forest. Even though it’s small it still bothered me that the receptionist told me I would not be charged. The milk on the breakfast table was also stale as well as the scrambled egg. Apart from that I had a lovely stay!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MoorhillGM, General Manager at Moorhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thankyou for your feedback on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel

I will speak to the reception team on the confusion over the £1 charge and your feedback on the milk and scrambled egg has been fed back to the team and we will work to improve on this.

I am pleased that despite these small issues you still had a nice stay with us and we do hope to see you back with us again very soon

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a large family party and the staff could not have been more helpful or flexible. From the receptionist through to the waiting staff in the dining room, they put genuine effort into making our stay pleasant and comfortable.
Wr had a large family room and ate both dinner and breakfast there. Both meals were good quality and great value. We will return for another family stay.
Recommended.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Andy p

thankyou for you review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel.

I am pleased that the team here helped make your stay that extra special, I will send your kind feedback of the food to the chef team.

we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Friendly staff, not in your face - professional - nothing was to much trouble. Good selection at the breakfast table. Easy parking. Well priced. Bed was very comfortable - even had some lawn games which was great for such a nice weekend.

Room tip: We had room 33 which was fine, view over the forest. Quiet enough.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MoorhillGM, Manager at Moorhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for your review on your weekend break at the Moorhill house hotel.

I am pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us, your kind comments have been passed on to the team here.

we look forward to seeing you back here with us again in the near future

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend here. We found all the staff, particularly the women to be friendly and chatty.
Whilst we were there a wedding took place but this did not impact on our stay at all. Even whilst we were in our room we couldn't hear anything in the evening.
My only criticism was I felt that the room was very tiny and I could barely get around the bed from my side at the end. So next time I may choose a different style rather than the agister.
The hotel is not the most modern but we like that as it reflects the village feel but you cannot fault cleanliness.
We felt that the location of this is quaint hotel was ideally situated and gave us opportunity for lots of lovely walks and places to visit by car.
Definetly returning in the Autumn! Wondering if there is a loyalty scheme.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Maureen

thank you for your review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel.

I am pleased that the team here made your experience that much better with their friendly service, we do have a variety of different room types at the hotel when you next book with us please ask our reservation team about the different types of rooms we have and they will be more than happy to assist you with this.

we look forward to seeing you back with us soon

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Moorhill with my mum and bridesmaids the night before my wedding at Burley Manor. We stayed in a suite over 2 floors, with a main bed, sofa bed downstairs and 2 single beds upstairs. The room is a beautiful green colour with a lovely bed, mirror and plenty of space to get ready, even with 7 of us in the room at one point.

The hotel itself is quite old fashioned, so I can see why some people may feel it needs updating but we liked the old fashioned feel of the hotel. There’s a bar area and large lounge too, which was nice to relax in and catch up with relatives the night before.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel.

I am pleased you had such a great experience in our bridal suite, as you say it is a beautiful room and has a lot of space which makes it that much more perfect as a bridal suite.

many congratulations on your special day from the team at Moorhill