All reviews new forest pool and sauna dog towels red letter day staff were all friendly hotel is situated lovely location off the beaten track tucked away friendly hotel wedding venue short break family room four poster bed each evening dinner menu lounge area
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a wonderful location just three miles from the main A31 on the edge of Burley. If you don’t have a satnav make sure you check it out on an OS map otherwise you’ll never find it! I booked a single room as I was travelling on my own, but I’ve seen bigger boxes, particularly the loo/shower cubicle! Do not stay in room 3. Considering how quite they were they really showed have upgraded me! Other than that, the staff were fantastic, the breakfast excellent and I would highly recommend it, particularly for those who like walking and or have dogs.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
MoorhillGM, Manager at Moorhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

thank you for your review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel,

I am pleased overall you had a good stay with us, when you next go to book a stay with us either if its direct or through our central reservations team please ask about the different room types that we have at the hotel and one of the team will be more than happy to talk you through them.

we look forward to seeing you back with us soon

Reviewed 6 June 2018

What a lovely hotel! Beautiful setting in the middle of the New Forest, with lovely, helpful staff. Four of us came for a long weekend for a special birthday celebration and we couldn't have found a nicer place to stay. Very comfy rooms, lovely breakfast, beautiful gardens and a fantastic central location. We had dinner in the restaurant one night which was very good and the little bar has a great selection of gins.

Room Tip: Avoid room 20 which is over the pool fan and a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Trudi

thank you for your review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel,

I am happy to read that you and your family had such a nice relaxing stay with us and took advantage of our different selections of gins.

we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon

Reviewed 6 June 2018

A glorious location in the forest just a short walk from heathland pathways and Burley. Lovely gardens with plenty of space to relax in sun or shade. Staff friendly, helpful and very professional. Food very high quality, not a huge evening menu but a wide choice at breakfast including buffet and prepared to order. Definitely one for future visits.

Room Tip: Rear rooms overlook the gardens and forest.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul

thankyou for your review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel,

I am pleased you had a nice stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back with us soon

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely visit at this hotel. The decor was lovely and the staff seemed kind. The only thing that annoyed me is that we were asked to enter my card into the machine which ‘wouldn’t charge me’ to find out it would and that £1 would be donated to the new forest. Even though it’s small it still bothered me that the receptionist told me I would not be charged. The milk on the breakfast table was also stale as well as the scrambled egg. Apart from that I had a lovely stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MoorhillGM, General Manager at Moorhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thankyou for your feedback on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel

I will speak to the reception team on the confusion over the £1 charge and your feedback on the milk and scrambled egg has been fed back to the team and we will work to improve on this.

I am pleased that despite these small issues you still had a nice stay with us and we do hope to see you back with us again very soon

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a large family party and the staff could not have been more helpful or flexible. From the receptionist through to the waiting staff in the dining room, they put genuine effort into making our stay pleasant and comfortable.
Wr had a large family room and ate both dinner and breakfast there. Both meals were good quality and great value. We will return for another family stay.
Recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Andy p

thankyou for you review on your stay at the Moorhill house hotel.

I am pleased that the team here helped make your stay that extra special, I will send your kind feedback of the food to the chef team.

we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon