“Gorgeous hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Burley B&B and Inns
UNITED KINGDOM
“Gorgeous hotel”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here recently with my daughter and partner,I had the Rufus room where I could take my dog, this was all perfect, the location, the room, the staff,the food,best Sunday roast ever,lovely breakfast,just lovely, perfect,best hotel I think I have ever stayed,well done,special thankyou to the breakfast waitress and receptionist.

Room Tip: Rufus if you have a dog
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mckeowntrish
WhiteBuckInnManager, Manager at The White Buck - Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Hi Trish,

Thank you for your review and also the letter that you sent, we are so pleased when we get it right and on this occasion I am pleased to see that we have.

I hope to be able to welcome you all back soon, when you get some more well earned time off.

Warmest regards
Deputy Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff especially Tony who made our stay more enjoyable. Newly refurbished so exceptionally clean and stunning decor in rooms and throughout hotel which is set in a fabulous setting in the middle of the forest. If you have a dog or love dogs you are welcome to bring them along as long as they are well behaved. Highly recommend. Cant wait to try another Fullers hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gwyn p
WhiteBuckInnManager, Manager at The White Buck - Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Gwyn,

Thank you so much for your comments, Toni was so happy to get a mention. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went here last week and fell in love. The prices of the food is expensive but considering the taste, service and location it's well worth it.

My 5 year old daughter loved that her chips came in a little copper saucepan. I loved the waitresses, they were so helpful, especially when the starter we asked as a main came about before the other meals, they were quick to rectify.

Lovely place!

• Stayed August 2014
Hi,

The tiny saucepans are a favourite of mine too, and go down really well with everyone. I am so pleased that you all had a great time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a superior room which was huge and full of character which is mirrored throughout the whole inn. Stunning bathroom with walk in shower and roll top bath and a superking bed. High quality fixtures and fittings. To top it off, really tasty food. There is a play area in the woods in front of inn with a large beer garden for adults to chill. We will definitely be back and cant wait. Wish we could have stayed longer. One of the best places Ive stayed in.....highly recommend

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review, the beds are beautiful and guests always tell me how they are just perfect for those lazy days.

You need to try the round bath next time, that is an adventure in itself.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I always visit the White Buck for a bit to eat and a pint, the service tends to be slow but the food is good. I am a massive Fullers Fan.

However We popped in at around 4pm for a late lunch, they had stopped serving food, which is fine, the new décor looked very nice as well.

My complaint is that 4 gentlemen stood waiting to be served for 10 minutes, not a soul behind the bar I finally, asked one of the staff is anyone serving? Answer 'I'll go and get my friend' If that wasn't curious enough, The GM or Deputy GM was sat there all the time looking on his computer ignoring the customers waiting and me and my wife - I expect higher standards of service from a Fullers Managed House, especially with a senior staff manager 4 feet away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spencer F
Dear Spencer,

I can only apologise for the lack in customer service that you received on the day in question, I have spoken with all of the team to ensure that the bar is never left unattended and that situation does not again arise.

Please accept my apologies and I hope that you will consider visiting us again.

Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having eaten in the restaurant both before and after the refurb, we decided to book to stay overnight in the White Buck Inn at the end of July last minute. I have to say although cheaper than a premier inn there is no comparison in quality! Huge comfortable bed, big walk in shower and lovely decor. The bar was unfortunately closing early on the night we stay but allowed us to order drinks as we arrived. Breakfast was delicious and the waitress who served us both friendly and speedy. We will be booking again as we often head down to dorset/ hampshire to visit friends and family. Thanks White Buck!

Room Tip: The only downside was the noisy vent outside our bedroom; ask to have a room on the other side of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy F
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My partner and I just got back from a one night visit to Burley and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the White Buck Inn. The decor and cleanliness is great and the room we had which was a cosy room one of the cheaper options was very spacious. The monsoon shower was very enjoyable and tea and coffee facilities were available in the room as well as an ice machine down the corridor.
The breakfast served in the morning was also lovely and fairly good value for money and all the staff we encountered were very polite and helpful.

The only issues we encountered were the lack of pump or bar soap in our ensuite and also the fact that the TV signal kept cutting out due to a loose wire at the back. Also the Heather room which we stayed in was above the kitchens which made some noise but not once the restaraunt had closed, this did not bother us personally (as the beds were so comfy) but might be an issue if you are a light sleeper. Other than that it is hard to fault anything.

I would definitely come back again perhaps with our daughter next time.

Room Tip: Heather room was above a fairly noisy kitchen area if you are a light sleeper may not be a good idea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bea_benham124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burley
Burley Manor
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,670 reviews
Moorhill House Hotel
Moorhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burley

Been to The White Buck - Hotel? Share your experiences!