“Beautifully decorated rooms”

The White Buck - Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Burley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have stayed here several times which speaks for itself. The rooms are beautifully furnished with quality linen and lots if specially little touches. The only thing that I'm not so keen on are the doors to the ensuit, they look really lovely and I appreciate the aesthetics, but the light shining through in the middle if the night if you use the bathroom? I did not put this in previous
Reviews as it seemed picky but sorry had to this time.
Do love this hotel and would recommend though.

1  Thank beverleyb276
WhiteBuckInnManager, Manager at The White Buck - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Hi Beverley,

Thank you for your review, we are in fact snagging at the moment as the 6 month refresh is up so all the little things that us and our guests have spotted and mentioned are being dealt with.

We hope when you come back there will be no more little issues but we are always happy to have these pointed out so that we can fix them.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here for August bank holiday weekend and loved it. The rooms are so nice you forget you are actually staying in a pub and the location is perfect for exploring all that the New Forest has to offer. It is important to remember that it is a pub though so don't expect everything that you would find in a hotel such as room service and flexibility over eating (we were told we couldn't have anything other than sandwiches from the menu in our room). That said the staff were in the main extremely polite and helpful and I'm sure we will return

1  Thank BusyTraveller77

Hi,

Thank you for your review, we are looking at broadening our offerings on rooms service currently, but due to there not being anywhere to really eat in the rooms other than sitting on the bed we do only currently offer cold food or continental breakfast in the rooms.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We found The White Buck on the internet whilst searching for a one night stay at a dog friendly hotel in The New Forest, to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
With a small amount of uncertainty we booked in but were so thankful that we did!

The staff were all helpful, polite and welcoming, the rooms were superb, clean and had everything we needed, plus a bowl of welcome biscuits for our dog (nice touch!!).

The décor, bar area, restaurant, garden, food, service, lobby, communal areas, Gun room, all just WOW, we just couldn't have chosen better, especially for the money.

We will be returning when work and funds allow and can highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Many thanks to all of the staff who made our anniversary so special.

1  Thank Cliff J

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for your review, it is always so lovely to hear when we get it right and I love the heading you chose.

We pride ourselves on making it a place to stay for everyone, including the Woof's and hope that we will welcome you all back soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed in the Rufus room which was beautiful. Large comfy bed, massive bathroom. Even had our own car park spot right next to the front door of the room!
Breakfast in the morning was delicious and plenty of it.
The meals in the evening are wonderful, probably some of the best food I have ever had.

Will defiantly return in the near future!

1  Thank ShermieAdventureClub

Thank you so much for your lovely review. The Rufus room is one of my favourites, especially with the little patio area as well. It was designed to be an accessible room so has something for everyone.

I shall of course pass on the food compliments to the kitchen, they love creating the specials and really strive to offer home cooked, local food.

Hopefully we will see you again, for some more great food and the Rufus room again?

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a very comfortable dog friendly room, nothing too much trouble for the staff especially Amanda at breakfast, always cheerful and helpful.
The room had a huge, comfortable bed and a massive walk in shower, all stylishly done.
Martin the manager was very helpful in arranging 2 nights at short notice for which we were most grateful.
Not mad about the choices in the restaurant but what we had was good, just a limited selection. The bar areas are large and welcoming and dogs are allowed.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank SenorCharlie

Thank you for your comments, I shall of course pass the comments onto Amanda and Martin. We are currently looking into the menu and to offer a bit more variety, having such an extensive specials board we try to make sure there is something for everyone.

We hope that the next time you join us there will be the Autumn menu up and running with a wider variety.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I visited the White Buck on Tuesday with my mother for lunch. We sat outside and ordered a crab sandwich and a chicken sandwich. When the sandwiches arrived the bread was stale on both of them, very little filling in the sandwiches and the crab sandwich was entirely brown crab meat. At £7.95 for a sandwich it was overpriced and very poor. The person making the sandwiches must have been aware that the bread was stale. We live locally and we will neither be going back nor recommending it to friends.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine M

I am so sorry that your experience with us was one tarnished by the food, we do pride ourselves on our fresh produce and on this occasion we failed to deliver our promise.

I am saddened that we did not do anything to fix the error and I shall make sure in future that the team double check again and again so that we could have avoided the issues with the food.

I would hope that you give us one more try to get this right, please feel free to contact me on 01425 402264 to make your reservation or to just simply let me know that you are popping along.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here recently with my daughter and partner,I had the Rufus room where I could take my dog, this was all perfect, the location, the room, the staff,the food,best Sunday roast ever,lovely breakfast,just lovely, perfect,best hotel I think I have ever stayed,well done,special thankyou to the breakfast waitress and receptionist.

Room Tip: Rufus if you have a dog