“Long weekend in Burley”

Ranked #3 of 7 Burley B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Long weekend in Burley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I booked a three night stay at the Burley Inn in the new forest. Unfortunately my wife became ill on the first night and had to rushed into Hospital. All the staff at the Burley were very helpful in sorting who to contact about my wife's illness. It was very late at night when she became ill ,and it was early morning when I alone returned from the Hospital to find they had kindly left all the outside lights on for me. The staff were very helpful to me during my stay and looked after me very well .Also accommodating me as I had to stay a further night. This is a lovely old fashioned Inn in a great position in the centre of a lovely village, with excellent choice of menu. the room was clean and well appointed. I would recommend this Inn to any one.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geoff_ingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arrival we were unable to park in the hotel car park and had no choice but to leave the car in a disabled space. My husband approached the bar to notify a member of staff of our arrival which took more time than it should of due to lack of staff (only 2 throughout the whole hotel/restaurant/bar). We asked where we could park as we had to leave our car in a disabled bay and were told to move it later. Eventually when the barman/manager? took us to our room we were taken to the very top floor and pretty much left to get on with it. Our room was in the eaves so we did'nt have much head room and our bathroom consisted of a toilet and shower with the sink in the bedroom. We went to the restaurant for our evening meal which i have to say was average, i asked for medium steak and received it rare and our food was served without cutlery which we had to ask for.The table was also sticky and had clearly not been prepared properly. After this we retired to our room to go to bed. The bed was very comfortable however it would of helped if we had a table lamp so we could actually get into bed without the risk of banging our heads. We had to miss breakfast as we needed to set out at 8.30am to get to our destination and were told breakfast was served between 8.30am-10am. This was not mentioned when we booked and we were expecting it to be served earlier as we had paid for it. The following morning we had breakfast which was again average, my sausage was still red in the middle and being pregnant i was not going to take the risk and eat it. We settled our bill and were not asked if we enjoyed our stay or anything. This hotel is set in a lovely village and the views were nice however we feel this hotel would benefit from more staff and perhaps a course in customer service!!

4 Thank Karen O
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for one night in May 2014. When I booked the lady told me the room was their deluxe room, and after seeing some photos on their website I thought it would be nice especially as the price tag was £95. On arrival I was very disappointed, this is not a deluxe room, the only one good thing about it was the size! There was mould in the en-suite above the sink and on the ceiling. The shower curtain and pole needed replacing and a tile was missing from around the bath. The curtains were filthy and a couple of the window latches were broken. I know this isn't a big issue, but one packet of our biscuits on our hospbility tray were a week out of date, this isn't what you expect from a room rate of £95. The room was really tired and needed some redecoration. The room hadn't been cleaned properly, there were some hairs in the sink and on the bottom of the bath. The breakfast wasn't great, there was no breakfast menu on the tables for hot food. The waiter came to take our orders and presumed we both wanted a full English breakfast. I thought there would perhaps be some different choices. I had eggs on toast and I asked if they had any sunflower spread to which the answer was no. The glasses for the juices were also not very clean. The location was really nice, just a shame that the Burley Inn wasn't like the surrounding area.

4 Thank jt812014
TheBurleyInn2014, Manager at The Burley Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello there,
Firstly I would like to apologise for the room you stayed in. House keeping has been informed, and the tile has been replaced. We have ample amounts of tea, coffee and biscuits, and everyone is welcome to as much as you'd like. If you'd have informed us at the time about the biscuits this would not have been a problem. All dates have been double checked and we did not find any out of date. With regards to breakfast, A Full English was offered because that is what our guests love the most and everything is always cooked to order. As you just wanted eggs and toast that is what we did for you. Our guests have all sorts of dietary requirements and we cater for all. As breakfast is always included in the price, we feel there is no need for a menu. A continental breakfast was also laid out for you with fruit, yoghurts, juices, fresh grapefruit and cereals.
Again, from myself and my staff, we apologise and wish we could have resolved some of these issues at the time. We our proud of our excellent service record and any one of us would have been more than happy to have helped you at the time. If you do want to discuss anything further please don't hesitate to call us. We would love to hear from you and thanks again for your feedback.
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

stayed for two nights may for beaulieu autojumble, room was lovely loft room, with great view, breakfast excellent with good choice of cereals,fresh fruit, yoghurts and lovely full English breakfast. staff very friendly and helpful. on Saturday evening after a busy day at beaulieu, we headed back for a nice evening meal where portions were huge and presented beautifully, delicious.the grounds are clean, pretty and well maintained and parking was no problem. a lovely experience will definitely be booking again next year.

Room Tip: room 8 good choice
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Called in without a booking on Easter Sunday,found a table without any fuss and were greeted warmly and enthusiastically.5 of us had lunch and the portions were amazing along with the quality.The salads were crisp and fresh ,the Steak and Kidney pudding was wonderful.So much better than the pub across the way who simply are indifferent to customer needs.Real ale was well kept and the restaurant clean ,bright and cosy.We all had a great time here and will return as soon as we can.The car park is quite small however,so if full you may have to park a short walk away in the public car park.There are also electric car chargers should they be required.
Highly recommended and one of the best "pub grub" places in the forest in my view.The menu is extensive along with specials board ,truly something for everyone.

Medway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here over the 2014 Easter weekend - a very busy time for all pubs, but we were very well looked after by the friendly staff. A good breakfast and a comfortable bed. We had lots of family staying at other places in Burley and the surrounding area, so we didn't spend a lot of time at the pub, however, the Easter Sunday lunch they hosted for us (for 25 people) was excellent - served promptly and with a smile in a very busy time for them. Very reasonable price too, so thank you to all at the Burley Inn.

Room Tip: Room 3 - a double aspect room with a good view over Burley Cross
New Forest, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Called in on the way through with an elderly relative for lunch. He is a picky eater and prefers standard pub food (aka Gammon/ham, egg and chips) so trying to visit various places in the New Forest for change.

Portions at the Burley Inn were large, we had the Lamb pudding and Ham, egg and chips. They have a lunch meal deal daily so check the board. The lamb although was very nice was a tad too rich for me so early in the day (12 noon) Came with chips and veggies on the side. I couldn't quite finish it. My companion only managed half the ham and eggs - maybe we needed to be hungrier, it was early as such we couldn't manage desert which was a shame.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Parking was easy - although it was mid week. Weekends its hard to get parked after 12.30 I understand especially on Sundays.

Burley is a pretty little place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burley
Burley Manor
Rhinefield House Hotel
#7 of 11 in Brockenhurst
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,652 reviews
Eastclose Country House Hotel

Been to The Burley Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!