“Really lovely”

and 1 more site!
Kingswood Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Ashurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had a lovely two-night stay at Kingswood cottage, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, and the breakfast served in the downstairs dining room was delicious.

The B & B is well-located close to Ashurst NF railway station, and is set in lovely gardens.

Chrisitne was a very friendly and helpful hostess, and made sure I had useful things like a torch for walking back in the dark.

I would definitely stay at Kingswood Cottage again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I needed a short break,we only had 36 hours we could fit in.
Quick web search all booked,but found Kingswood Cottage,absolute heaven.
Best nights sleeps for ages,lovely room and beds,Kipper fillets /scrambled egg and Salmon
for breakfast,it doesn't get better anywhere.Very friendly,and very good value.
Advised on good restaurant,and local places of interest,we had a brilliant 36 hrs.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a bedroom with double aspect view of the gardens,ensuite,plenty of room very comfortable bed...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Recently stayed at Kingswood Cottage after arranging a weekend break for my partner and I to make the most of our actual Summer Weather! Had already spoke to Christine on the phone who was more than helpful with directions and also emailed me some information. The room was spotless, and the cottage was a great location to explore the New Forest from, pubs and shops within a 5-10 min walk, the breakfast menu had plenty to offer and was of great quality. We even met Christine and Paul's young Labrador "Molly" who seemed more than pleased to meet us! Would reccomend this Accomodation to anyone and may well visit again. Great hosts.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

A Kingswood Cottage I found exactly what I had hoped for: somewhere peaceful with easy access to walks in the woods to recover from the relentlessness of working in London. I found a warm welcome, clean and beautiful rooms overlooking the garden and direct access to the woods. Very helpful and easy going, - a real joy to be there. Even without a car the location is so easy to access, just a few minutes to walk and trains to take you easily to other places in the New Forest. Sitting in the garden, listening to the birds, walking in the woods. What more could anyone wish for their retreat?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We have enjoyed a great stay in this B&B. Fabulous custom-made breakfast, information about walks and the surroundings and excellent beds. We can recommend this B&B to everyone looking for a quiet en private place to stay. Max

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I've tried a few other accommodations in the New Forest area over the years, but none since my first visit to Kingswood Cottage. I started going here around 2002. I used to visit this area 3 or 4 times a year to visit my father who lived in a tiny home near Hythe.

This time (Easter 2013) was the first time in about 5, or maybe 6, years. I found that nothing fundamental had changed (Well, Molly, the crazy young black labrador, had succeeded Magic, sadly no longer with us, the previous welcoming black labrador). The rooms were just as simply and tastefully decorated, the sofa in the room we like to stay in had been recovered. A small flat screen TV was in each room, but you'd hardly come here to watch TV.

Breakfast was as good as ever, better in fact, because Christine has added a "healthy" option to the full English. Produce is of first class provenance, and locally sourced wherever possible, I had smoked trout on scrambled eggs on a muffin, one morning, Christine told me the trout had been caught be her own endeavour.

Christine, the owner, is very well connected with the local tourism industry, and is able to answer virtually any question regarding New Forest Trails, New Forest Eateries, etc., and even about destinations further afield, such as Avebury Stone Circle. (If you've read this far, Christine, I think you must know who I am, n'est ce pas ?)

This trip I left something behind and Christine efficiently got that pack up and sent to me. Looking for ward to another visit, and don't expect to wait 5 years to do it.

Room Tip: Each room has two windows, people who like a black hole to sleep in will need to take precautions...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, lovely house and situation - quiet with beautiful gardens, hospitality and breakfast could not be faulted, rooms beautifully furnished and comfortable. So glad we b & b'd and didn't camp!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Been to Kingswood Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!