“Wildlife? Where?”

New Forest Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ashurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the amazing animals at this beautiful park, in the leafy New Forest, with its fabulous adventure playgrounds. Follow the woodland trails to see wallaby, European bison, wolves, wild boar, Scottish wildcats, lynx, foxes, pine marten, polecats, owls and ferrets. Meet the friendly deer and say hi to the playful otters, including the endangered giant otter. Feeding sessions, keeper talks and special events year round. Amazing playgrounds for under 6's and from 6yrs to 86yrs!!!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wildlife? Where?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

After parting with £21.00, myself and my partner saw a couple of butterflies, half a dozen field mice a depressed hedgehog, and an owl with anger issues.
80% of the enclosures were empty, unkempt and in need of TLC. The children's play areas must of cost thousands.... it's a pity this money wasn't spent on the long overdue overhaul of the animals enclosures. Perhaps the animals would be proud to show themselves in better kept surroundings. Dissatisfied, disappointed and won't be going again.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Marvy11
Carol H, Owner at New Forest Wildlife Park, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I cannot help but feel a little disappointed by your review. I can only assume you did not walk through the whole of the park despite a plan provided for every visitor with keeper talks listed and many plan signs around the park to guide you through.

We do not have any field mice but we do have Harvest Mice. Depressed hedgehog? Angry owl?

Did you think to mention your dissatisfaction to any retail staff on your way out?

Did you go to any keeper talks ? Did you see the deer, wallabies, wolves, wild boar, mouflon, giant otters, fox, pine marten, Scottish wildcat, bison, asian short claw otter, Eurasian otter, North American river otter, owls, lynx, pole cats, water voles, sousliks etc ?

• Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“outstanding”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Bigger and better than I had expected. Well worth the entrance fee. Very informative and friendly keeper at feeding time. I had never seen wildcats, wolves, bison or a lynx before. We will definitely go again.
My only suggestion is to have more notices reminding visitors of the various feeding times, for those with poor memories.
I was surprised to read a very small number of terrible reviews. Ignore them. They say more about the writers than the Park.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Richard M
Kent, England
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“A nice place to kill off a few hours”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We visited on Easter Sunday as a last minute decision, which turned out to be an incredibly good one. It had been raining quite a bit so many people had stayed away, giving us easy viewing of many of the animals. There is a nice selection here and we got given lots of information by one of the keepers which always makes things more interesting.

I thought the price was very reasonable, we were there for about 3 hours before our journey home from the Forest. As mentioned in other reviews, the only toilets and refreshments are at the entrance which is a little odd, there is definitely room to add even a small tea bar somewhere else which I am sure would bring more revenue for the park.

Visited April 2014
Braintree, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Little gem”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We visited the new forest and went to beaulieu motor museum in the morning and early afternoon and then went on to the wildlife park in the late afternoon the wildlife is perfect the otter are superbly maintained and kept in wonderful enclosures and are a joy to watch they have European otter, North American river otter the playful Asian short clawed otter and rare giant otters which are a sight to behold!! The zoo has other animals such as wolves, foxes, deer, wolves and many owls and birds.. The otter house has viewing windows for all heights to see them under water and on land there is also an indoor butterfly room with many butterflies, there are harvest mice, voles and hedgehogs and a badger.. You can walk in with the deer which usually follow you round and there is a great play area and cafeteria.

We was very impressed with the wildlife park and is worth every penny it's not very expensive and the shop has some bargins in it, although not as big as other zoos it is well worth planning to spend at least 3hours here as you will want to watch the otters again and again!!

Superb visit

Visited August 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting with beautiful animals”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited the Wildlife Park on a weekday. I arrived just as a school party were departing, so got around the park pretty quickly. The trails were easy to follow & there was good information about all of the animals. It was great to see them all. The wallabys seemed to have the freedom to go wherever they pleased & I was lucky enough to see them being fed. The wolves & lynx were in their own enclosures & looked happy & well looked after. My favourites were the owls & you can actually adopt an owl, & I intend to do so.

I would recommend a visit to the park, & will definitely be returning.

Visited April 2014