“Great for a sociable evening”
Review of The New Forest

The New Forest
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Ashurst
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blessed with gorgeous vistas, The New Forest, Ashurst offers a true taste of the good life via our extensive menu of locally-sourced dishes and a bar full of new tipples and Fullers’ favourites. Truly, we’re the perfect starting-point, stop or destination for New Forest walkers.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good food, great service, pleasant environment, excellent location. Had a wonderful dinner with my wife, enjoying the Barbecue and the chef's own recipe burger. Sat outside with a view of the Forest and enjoyed the good food, at reasonable prices, and great service. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I came here from the camp site on a Saturday. I was with my family and close friends for quick meal out, we it not end up been quick because, the service and the welcoming be a chap called Rikki, he was so friendly with the kids and also warming personality. He said he just came here with his partner the chef. I don't no if he cooked the food we had but everyone of us eaten every last bite. I would not listing to any of the old reviews as this was a great experience of us and left over a £20 tips and would definitely come back next year.

2  Thank Sur2
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This visit the service was so slow it was unreal. From time of ordering to delivery at the table was in excess of 45mins very close to and hour. I only ordered ham, egg and chips. Yes the lunchtime was busy, sunny day in the New Forest loads of families out having fun. We were there to meet friends and have lunch. They had the carvery option, I chose ham, egg & chips, little did I know that they where waiting for the egg to hatch & grow to lay a new egg. After we questioned the delay they brought over some garlic bread. Very nice, except as someone who is allergic to wheat & gluten I couldn't eat it. When the order made it to the table the excuse given was, sorry we ran out of eggs and had to pop down to the shop to get some more. We have eaten there before and not had any problems however this time will be the last.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here summer 2013 and had a lovely meal sat in conservatory. There was three of us and all of our meals were gorgeous. We have talked about returning many times. We finally did in may 2014, so disappointed. Our meals were mediocre and the atmosphere was totally different. It wasn't awful but if it had been our first visit we would of been v disappointed. We will probably try again but not any time soon.

3  Thank mjbex
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stopped off here late one Sunday afternoon while driving through the Forest. The garden is large but was full of screaming kids running riot and with no controls put in place by their parents. They were running into people carrying plates of hot food and we saw one plate go flying when a child ran into the person. The menu doesn't have much choice so decided to go for the carvery but wish we hadn't. The veg was in short supply and there was no gravy. The food was dry and luke warm and we couldn't even get a knife into the roast potatoes they were so dry from sitting under the lights. Needless to say there was a lot of wastage and we should have taken heed from all the plates which had food on left by people on nearby tables. Not cheap at over £11 for one course either. Will be finding another venue in the future if we drive through the Forest.