“Bad food..”
Review of The New Forest

The New Forest
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Ashurst
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blessed with gorgeous vistas, The New Forest, Ashurst offers a true taste of the good life via our extensive menu of locally-sourced dishes and a bar full of new tipples and Fullers’ favourites. Truly, we’re the perfect starting-point, stop or destination for New Forest walkers.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We were staying at campsite nearby. Went for an evening meal with our kids. Food took ages to arrive and starters were small and looked like leftovers. Waited ages for service and had to ask waitress to hurry things up. Nice enough view but wouldn't eat there again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've just got home from the restaurant and felt I had to leave feedback....

I eat out once a week and after working In a fine dining restaurant, my husband usually has to listen to me dissect every part of the dining experience and how they "should" have done things... Bit it was just BRILLAINT here - especially as its nothing pretentious, just casual, sociable and relaxing environment. Clean and calm decor. Lovely outdoor space with play area and barbecue for £8.75 (I think).

There were 10 of us dining on our table. I often find its hard to please everyone In a large group because someone wants this and someone wants that but all the staff were GENUINELY helpful, nothing was too much trouble and the manager KEPT coming over checking everyone was happy, drink topped up, bring looked after. Just refreshingly great service.

I will be returning!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decided to have my husband's 40th birthday here. From start to finish Martin and his staff were great. An area at the back was reserved for around 50 guests nothing was to much trouble from setting up some decorations to supplying a 40th candle at the last minute. The buffet food was excellent with more than enough for everyone. With the great garden overlooking the new forest and children's play area children were kept occupied all evening. I kept getting comments from guests as to how nice the venue was. Overall excellent pub under the new management, we were so glad we choose here.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of eating lamb burgers at the weekend BBQ at The New Forest. Absolutely delicious! The service was excellent and the staff very friendly and polite. We sat in the garden at the rear of the pub overlooking the forest. It was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend this facility to anyone who is in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fantastic food. Lovely rooms. Gorgeous garden with play area and view of New Forest Ponies. Very good service.