“We kept returning” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The New Forest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emery Down
The New Forest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Emery Down B&B and Inns
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
“We kept returning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying in a holiday cottage in the village and ate at The New Forest Inn on 5 evenings during the week. Obviously we wouldn't have returned if we didn't like it!! Each meal was very tasty, well presented, generous portions, reasonably priced and a pleasure to eat. All the staff made us feel very welcome. We will certainly go back when next in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Havant, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Always stop, even if its only for a drink. Congrats to the owner for the face lift in the ladies loo. Much needed, and done very well. I was quick enough to review it previously so only fair to say the work has been done

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Really like this place. We stayed here with the dog and enjoyed the food and the ales. Great location too. Accommodation needs a few little touches though for a higher star rating from me. There was no bulb in the main light. The towles were very small and old. There was only one small bottle of shower gel left for two of us for two nights.

Stayed April 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The misses and I come across this pub just through luck as we went for a drive in the forest we went inside and sat down was not a clean table in sight, then a couple told us they were leaving so we had empty plates on the table, after around 20 minutes of deciding we came to the idea it was very expensive for food but the food when It came after a 20 minute wait was very nice indeed massive portions and I would recommended this place to anybody if they are going for food

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Burnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We decided to get food on the way back from a day out at Bournemouth. We found the New Forest Inn on this website as we were looking for a restaurant/pub where we could take our dog as well.
We was not disappointed. We were sat down straight away, only waited about 10-15mins for the food which was homemade and really nice. I would recommend the Steak and Ale pie with chips, the beef just melted in your mouth. You get a very good portion, so much we could not fit in dessert. There were 3 dogs in the eating area including our Bearded Collie. She got fussed and was given a dog biscuit, which I thought was a lovely gesture. Would love to go back there again as it's hard to find good food and a warm welcome for your dog as well. A really pleasant experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The food is by far the highlight of this venue. We ate here several times and everyone was happy with their meals. Like other people have said on tripadvisor, the staff are either not trained to be hospitable (preferring the grumpy 'am I bothered' teenage look) or completely apathetic!
Which is a shame, as that is one of the things that brings people back.
The rooms are ok.
The linen is clean and the shower is hot. But why have carpet in a dog friendly B and B?
A lick of paint and a bit of laminate would reinvigorate the place. I'd dread to think what the carpet would feel/smell like in the summer!
Sadly the two big Alsatians look very sad...they look bored and in need of a good run..hope they usually get that..
All in all I would possibly stay again.
I'd definitely eat here again but would look around for alternative accommodation but wouldn't write it off completely.
My advice to the owners:
White walls, no flock wallpaper..get rid of carpet, give your staff a good kick up the new Forrest!!

• Stayed March 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maisons Laffitte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked this B&B and gave a 25% deposit (nearly £40). Within 24 hours I had to cancel my booking. My mother had passed away the previous week and my plans changed at the last minute. This establishment refused to refund my deposit, even though, as I said, the cancellation was made within 24 hours. I have written to them twice, and they've not even had the courtesy to acknowledge my emails. "Goodwill gestures" do not seem to be words in their vocabulary. We will not bother ever entertaining the idea of staying here in the future. Beware of paying a deposit if you're not 100% sure of your stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 3 in Beaulieu

Been to The New Forest Inn? Share your experiences!