Woodlands Lodge Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$277
US$269
Ormonde House Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
US$160
Beaulieu Hotel(Beaulieu)
US$229
US$208
Travelodge
All reviewsdirect accessnew forestdog friendly hotelcream teaon arrivaltravelzoo dealwhirlpool bathdog ownersbar areafour posterevening mealthoroughly enjoyed our staylovely locationstaff were very helpful and friendlydining roomfull englishbeautiful garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The Woodlands Lodge Hotel is a comfortable, quaint home from home place to stay! We’re just back from our second visit in 5 years & although nothing very much has altered in the essence of the hotel, the new owners are trying to put a shine back on the place without taking anything away from its rustic charm!

Our room was clean & tidy with a view overlooking the Forest. It’s true the décor is a little dated, maybe a little shabby but the overall feeling you get at Woodlands is one of being comfortable, able to relax & generally unwind being yourself. For us one of the best things about Woodlands is the fact we are able to take our dog as all dogs are welcome ~ of course it goes without saying they must be well behaved! You are able to have the company of your pet everywhere apart from the restaurant, which is only right & proper.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FMacD3
Reviewed 23 May 2012

it was unfortunately only a one night stay with my spouse but the hotel was lovely; a nice room, dinner and breakfast were both excellent and its proximity to the New Forest allowed us to take an early morning walk

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This is a Country House Hotel with all the modern amenities. I found the staff here very pleasant and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Dinner in the restaurant was what you would normally find in a 5 star hotel.
This Hotel is very dog friendly and they have large rooms to cater for them.
All in all a very pleasant experience and one in which I will return to. I would recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: As I took my dog with me I had a room with conservatory on the back.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

We held a team meeting for work at this hotel in April. We all felt very well looked after, and we enjoyed our stay very much.

It was clear to us that the new owners of this hotel are trying really hard to ensure that their customers have a great experience. Since taking it on last year they have been gradually renovating as they go, and while not finished yet, it looks and feels great.

A great hotel in a lovely location with tasty food and excellent service, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Rudd_99
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Woodlands Lodge Hotel for a short week end and we had a really good time! I was a bit sceptical after reading some of the reviews but I have to say we have both had a relaxing stay and felt welcome. The four poster bedroom was really light and spacious with a nice marble bathroom and a balcony with views over the gardens. The staff was friendly and both dinner and breakfast were of good quality! It has direct access to the New Forest and a lovely garden. We are now planning to go back with our 2 dogs for some more walking and relaxing time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple