“Really nice hotel with excellent and friendly staff”

Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woodlands
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at woodlands lodge for one night and were upgraded to a four poster room which was very kind of them. We took our dog and the hotel is very accommodating. We dealt with Tom who was very helpful from breakfast through to dinner! We had dinner in the hotel and the food was lovely and good value. Great location for walks although it was raining. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I wanted to go away for our anniversary and decided to go to the new forest. We stayed at the Woodlands Lodge for only 2 nights however we would have stayed longer if we had the chance. The hotel is brilliantly situated with a gate leading from the grounds straight into the new forest, where there are some beautiful walks. It is also not too far from Southampton town centre which has great shopping!!

The hotel staff were very friendly and any question or problem was attended to very quickly and efficiently. The hotel policy about dogs was fantastic, with our dog being given her own towel blanket and biscuit when we arrived, she was also welcome in almost anywhere within the hotel!!

We had our anniversary dinner at the restaurant at the hotel and the food was exquisite. Every single course was delicious and presented beautifully and professionally (personally the chocolate fondant was amazing and I could have eaten ten of them). Waiting staff were very friendly throughout the meal and both me and my husband loved every moment.

The woodland lodge surpassed our expectations. All three of us were made to feel very welcome and we had an amazing weekend away, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

A very nice hotel, really friendly staff and well appointed rooms and excellent food,The setting is stunning just wished I had stayed for longer to explore the area I feel another trip coming on, but this time its not for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Woodlands Lodge has just hosted our wedding and I must say that there was nothing that could be improved. Imogene has worked very hard and made sure that the big day was perfect and everything went to plan. Every one of the staff is helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Our 30 something guests were all looked after and this really is a perfect location for a wedding. Planning a wedding is a very important event and it needs to be right. We got it right and the weekend was perfect. Thank you Imogene and all her staff.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

A wonderful restful weekend break. Excellent food and attentive staff. We arrived on Thursday and enjoyed a wonderful evening dinner with an execellent choice of menu. Food cooked to perfection.
Good sunny weather made it a most enjoyable time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I find myself regularly traveling in the local area as part of my chosen profession, and probably stay at this particular hotel for a couple of nights every 5-6 weeks or so. I enjoy the peace and quiet, and the fact that I can relax after a busy work day. I find all the rooms I have stayed in so far are well laid out, and have comfortable beds and modern bathrooms, and I always get a good nights sleep. The breakfast is always prepared well, and on the odd occasion that I have eaten a meal in the evening, never had a bad meal.
My only criticism, and it is a very minor one, it that as a business user, in the evenings I tend to catch up with email, reports etc and though there a number of free Wi-Fi access points in the hotel, I don't always get a reliable connection. The signal strength is there, but the signal does drop out. Otherwise, always have a good stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have recently come back from a very pleasant 3 day break staying at this lovely hotel. The food was excellant and so were the staff. Lovely location to explore the New Forest area which is truely wonderful.I would highly recommend this hotel and I am sure we will back for a second visit in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodlands
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#7 of 10 in Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to Woodlands Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!