We stayed there for a weekend in June . The staff are really friendly and helpful, and we had a room with a lovely outlook over the gardens. On the first night we ate in the hotel restaurant and it was a really delicious meal.
The bed was very comfortable, and there were black out curtains, so we could have a lie-in - perfect as breakfast was from 8.30 - 10.30 !
The only negative was the bathroom - water pressure was very low, so shower was pathetic, and bath was so small that I could only sit in it - not great after a long day walking. But I know that all the bathrooms aren't like that, as our friends had a decent sized bath.
We had a really delicious breakfast, then later a yummy cream tea - lovely scones with proper clotted cream, and jam.
Overall, we did enjoy our stay, and would go back ( but ask not to be in Room 11 !!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woodlands Lodge Hotel is a charming Country House hotel well away from main roads set in three acres that open directly onto Hampshire's New Forest. The perfect base to relax, walk or enjoy the local New Forest attractions. Woodlands Lodge Hotel can also host, conferences, weddings and special events. We have The Hunters Restaurant on site which is open to non-residents and has been awarded an AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Woodlands Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel Woodlands
- Woodlands Hotel Southampton
- Woodlands Lodge Hotel New Forest