“Will return”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woodlands
“Will return”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Will return for sure.

Tom obviously takes a lot of pride in his hotel and we loved it.

The location is great and you get the vibe of a true country retreat. The room was clean, spacious with a decent bed. The breakfast was tasty and ample as was the dinner.

This place was just the ticket for a bit of r&r

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Londonlee77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed in one of the Delux rooms, which I don't think was very different to the standard room, in that the promised view of the garden was actually a view of the neighbouring property and garage roof.

The rooms were nicely presented, although the detail cleaning such as mirrors etc needed a little more attention.

Some aspects of the service were super helpful, such as taking my luggage to my room, however, I wasn't made to feel very welcome for dinner, with no mention of the food available that evening. Consequently I didn't eat at all in the evening. I was also a little surprised that the cost of the newspaper was added to my bill as an extra.

Overall it was in a great location, for a reasonable price for the time of year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LClareP
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I got married at the Woodlands Lodge Hotel on June 19th 2014 and it was truly the best day of our lives! We'd visited the hotel several times before the wedding and each trip was delightful, tasty food and helpful staff.

Having seen nearly all the rooms in the hotel due to hireing the whole hotel, I can honestly say each room is lovely, all have their own unique feel and decoration, it's a nice quality and the two I slept in were quiet and comfy. None of my guests complained and everyone said what a fab venue we picked.

The staff can not do enough to help you, Imogen, the owner, and Tom were especially helpful. I'd visited so many times but they were always happy to see me! I had many components to my table decorations and they were very accommodating. My wedding was themed, and they all went the extra mile to help tailor as much as possible to my theme. It was a magical day and everything was kept running smoothly.

One of the reasons we picked woodlands lodge was because of the food. Generous portion sizes, absolutely delicious and well priced. The chef was very nice, he came out to see us at the wedding and remembed us from when we'd been preciously. 5 out of 5 every time.

I can not thank woodlands lodge enough for ensuring our wedding day was perfect, it was the best day ever and I will continue to eat and stay with them.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are cooler but the back have nicer views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Malton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just returned after a 2 night break with our dog. We had room 16 which is on the ground floor and has a conservatory leading straight out onto the garden which was great with a dog and also lovely to be able to walk straight outside. Yes the room wasn't immaculate and it was tired in places but we aren't talking huge money to stay here so the walks, food and ambience more than made up for that.
We ate in the garden one night as it was so hot out and this didn't seem to be any trouble with the friendly young staff who were more than happy to bring our meals out. The food was I have to say excellent for a small hotel, definitely worth the cost.
The team running the hotel seemed to be doing a great job and the owners should be very proud as the customer service was outstanding and genuinely so not forced. I would recommend to anyone with a dog as the walks are great and straight through the garden and your in the forest. Temperatures were very high but as we had direct access into the forest we were able to walk a lot more then we were expecting to with a dog.
All in all I would highly recommend and we will no doubt pay a return visit, there wasn't anything not to like about the place

Room Tip: Rooms 16 and 18 good if you have dogs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

TCS Training have been using The Woodlands Lodge Hotel as a venue for IT Training for the past year. The service has been excellent and we have been looked after extremely well. Our room is prepared for us on arrival and refreshments and lunches are always ready when we break. The lunch is always well prepared and presented too. Thank you to the staff at Woodlands Lodge for their excellent service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy S
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed there for a weekend in June . The staff are really friendly and helpful, and we had a room with a lovely outlook over the gardens. On the first night we ate in the hotel restaurant and it was a really delicious meal.
The bed was very comfortable, and there were black out curtains, so we could have a lie-in - perfect as breakfast was from 8.30 - 10.30 !
The only negative was the bathroom - water pressure was very low, so shower was pathetic, and bath was so small that I could only sit in it - not great after a long day walking. But I know that all the bathrooms aren't like that, as our friends had a decent sized bath.
We had a really delicious breakfast, then later a yummy cream tea - lovely scones with proper clotted cream, and jam.
Overall, we did enjoy our stay, and would go back ( but ask not to be in Room 11 !!)

Room Tip: Not Room 11 .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night - would happily have stayed longer. Room was comfortable and quiet. Wifi worked well in room but is unsecured. Bar has good selection of drinks for a country hotel and food in restaurant is excellent. Parking is secure. Bathroom was a good size and fittings were in good condition. Only downside - shower pressure was poor making taking a shower a time consuming business.
Staff really good and very helpful. A pleasant stay and good value

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AubreyP695
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodlands
Passford House
#1 of 11 in Brockenhurst
Bartley Lodge Hotel
Bartley Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cadnam

Been to Woodlands Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!