“Rubbish n expesive couldnt belivie my eyes!!”

The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Runton
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my bf went there for a drink. My bf went to watch the football bad tv to watch the football on... should of had sky. The drinks was expensive was shocking and wasnt the best either. I ordered a chocolate fudge cake sunday which looked and sounded yummy on the menu so thought to my self would order it. When getting the Sunday it was atrocious a discusting look.. the fudge cake in the sunday was still frosen and the cream was horrendous to taste as well... never again to order this taste sunday.. funnily enough I had it on a sunday so never again going back there again to order my food. Poor all together. They removed my last comment which was shocking because they cant handle bad criticism obviously!!!! The bar man was too over friendly to flirty which was discusting and not acceptable!!! Bet they get rid of this comment watch this space.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bubble121

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for a week for business and was very pleasantly welcomed upon arrival. All the staff I encountered were very happy and friendly. I was happy with the amenities of the hotel and the room was spot on.
Every night I resided to the sports bar for food which is located on the site. The food was served and prepared by JARROM and was amazing.
I have been to hundreds of hotels as part of my job and the food I had was by far the nicest and one of the cheaper ones also.

I can't stress enough how welcome JARROM made me feel, and the quality and attention which went into the preparation of the food he prepared was far beyond standard. He is a credit to the hotel and in my opinion very underestimated.
I will not hesitate to make a return visit when in this area again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gray116
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was a very nice hotel with one big minus point and a smaller minus point. On arrival our 2 rooms were freezing cold with no heating. Thinking this would be put right we waited..... Eventually as we were on the point of going into deep freeze we called reception and a very helpful and friendly member of staff came, felt the cold and said she would sort it and would we like a heater until the room reached temperature? Great. Mother, just recovering from bronchitis was moved to a very nice, warm room, offered blankets and a heater. Great. Impressed. The next day this happened again (only our room). The next day this repeated itself. And this time reception ignored our request to turn on the heating until we began to freeze again and phoned down again. Not so great. Pity. Nice clean room, nice furnishings, comfy bed but COLD!! Needs sorting.
The other niggle is tiny in comparison. Staff on the Sunday evening seemed to be agency staff as they certainly were not as efficient as the staff had been on previous nights. No main course arrived for me and the waitress found this highly amusing. I didn't, as I wished to eat with my family.
We enjoyed our stay and found most of the staff very helpful and cheerful. Pity about that waitress!
Finally, be aware of the £20 allowance for the evening meal. We were not aware of this on our last evening and ended up paying a surcharge. We should have been more careful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the heating works and you don't have to request it every day!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank annabelle w
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to The Links. This time we stayed in a garden room. When we arrived in our room it was cold as the heating hadn't been turned on. It wasn't a very warm room but we got used to it.
The winter warmer deal is great - bed breakfast dinner. We love the bar area, it's really cosy.
The swimming pool changing rooms are cold & dark (only needs a new light bulb). But as a family we love the pool.
The staff are friendly and relaxed. Max remembered us from our last visit.
We recommend this hotel for friendliness, value and location.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 December 2013

overall a nice stay, hotel was attractive, breakfast good, though visitors had to go up to be served their breakfast by a staff member, hence you could not select how much you would like .my partner and i both have a healthy appetite and would have enjoyed a larger portion than we actually received. although i enjoyed the evening meal, my partner however, was disappointed , the rissoto that was ordered was of poor quality, and the chicken was rubbery.
staff were really friendly, though it has to be said, unfortunately there was a rather rude man, who appeared to be teaching golf during our stay, within the hotel grounds. We had walked on an area, which we had not realised was mainly for golf players, and was basically spoken to in a rather rude and unpleasant manner, by this person, who failed to introduce himself. so we can only assume he was linked to the hotel. however we tried not to let this ruin our stay, though it was upsetting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank keeUk
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent one night at the link. Our room 208 was clean and comfortable. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly. We had a swim in the pool, it was nice but tired and not the cleanest I've been in. Overall it was a nice stay, we paid £71 on a groupon deal. Think this was good value.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was our first stay at The Links, although we had played golf on their 9 hole course a few years ago. The hotel was recommended by friends who had stayed there for Christmas last year and we joined them for a three day Christmas break this year. We were far from disappointed. We were greeted with a warm welcome; allowed to check in earlier as both husbands were feeling a little poorly and our luggage was swiftly taken up to our rooms. Our room (204) was a large sunny double with double aspect windows; very clean, comfortable and warm. The bar and lounge areas were very nicely furnished and arranged in small groups of brown leather sofas and armchairs.

The food was marvellous! It included dinner on Christmas Eve; breakfast and a fantastic seven course Christmas Day lunch; a Christmas Day evening buffet; breakfast on Boxing Day and a wonderful Gala Dinner Dance in the evening; checking out on 27th Dec after a final breakfast. We also enjoyed a couple of lunches in the very smart golf club-house; played golf; used the well-equipped gym; had a swim in the pool and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. All of the staff were charming, genuinely friendly and very helpful, all of which contributed to making it a really wonderful Christmas break.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 7 in Cromer
The Pheasant Hotel
The Pheasant Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelling

Been to The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!