“Recharge in Talisay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Talisay
Philippines
“Recharge in Talisay”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Travel to the area can be a challenge depending on the time you leave Manila. Once you get to the place, you will notice the nice layout and the various facilities available to guests. We were booked in the hotel-type buildings. It was a short walk to the restaurant. Facilities are fairly good. You have several pools to go to, including one near the restaurant. There is a pool table, basketball court and you can bike around the place. There is a very nice view of Taal volcano. You can book a tour of the volcano through them. The room is clean and had the basic necessities. The food in the restaurant is fair. If you want a place where there is something for every member of the family, this is definitely a place to consider.

Room Tip: You may have to ask for a room with a direct view of Taal volcano. The higher rooms are quieter, les...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lovelyn P, Customer Service Officer at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Roderick C,

Thank you very much for your very good feedback. It is for guests like you that make us want to be better every day.

Lovelyn, Customer Service Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The venue and the ambiance is excellent, the service is good except for some lapses in refilling the foods during meal time..But its understandable because our number are quite a lot..The rooms are A OK except for lacking toiletry items like lotion, toothpaste and tooth brushes and disposable slippers...

But the rest is EXCELLENTE..very courteous and respectful staff..particularly the lead waiter or f&b attendant Melvin..and to Mr. Arthur Quintos who have been very nice and very patient in accomodating and taking care of us..Management should commend this guys! See you again on May 15 & 16 for our 2nd batch team building!!

Room Tip: rooms that are overlooking taal lake and the volcano itself.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ravengun_14

Thank you for your positive feedback. Arthur and Melmar treasure the appreciation you have given them. We hope May 15 & 16 will be even better.

Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our family outing last April 11-13 was fun in Balai Isabel, the view of Taal is very good, our villa is spacious, it has 4 room and a kitchen with cooking utensils. The gas stove though is quite small and too slow to cook plus the TV's cable signal is bad. The view from our villa is perfect and the swimming pool, chapel, biking activities , playground are the things that we enjoyed. The staff are not that nice though since when we arrive there is no one to assist us where our room is, we were given a map to find our place. We did not ask for anything from the hotel staff since we cook our own food as well. Good thing that distilled water is provided by the hotel. I just have one concern when it comes to honestly of the employees, we checked out last April 13 and in the morning, we found out that we left the ipad mini in one of the rooms, I immediately called the hotel to assist me in looking for it since we left it under the pillow, we are sure that it was left in that area since we used it before sleeping. I was advised by the front desk that it will be referred to housekeeping and housekeeping called me and advised that nothing was seen. I asked if there is new occupant but was advised that there is none. With this, I rest my case but I told the manager in charge that I was hoping that it will be returned since I am quite sure that it was left under the pillow but then I cannot argue anymore. Ipad mini has new feature that you need to register and if in case of lost, and the new user doesn't know the password, it has no use anymore. I rest my case already but last May 1, somebody texted our number and asked if we lost an IPAD, we replied that yes we lost it in Balai Isabel, the person who texted said that somebody brought it to the store to be reopened but then the technician was not able to do so because of lack of password, we were advised that he saw his mobile no. We asked for the location of the store and we were advised that it is in Batangas, with this, we are sure that one of the employees is guilty of getting the ipad, I have sent email to my Account Executive reporting the incident and after the text message has been received but no action has been done. I am sure that IPAD won't be returned but I advised our Account Executive that honesty is an important character for the hotel staff. To the next traveller, make sure that you take care of your belongings. I also hope that the hotel will conduct an investigation so that employees who do not display honestly will be removed from the organization.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Therese A
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here with friends last christmas 2013 and again for New Year 2014 . For christmas we stayed in one of their villlas. We were five. It was comforting to be able to cook our own food as the food at the cafe is something not you would look forward to.

Celebrating new years day at this resort was a good choice. We stayed 3 nights and 4 days. This time along orchard lane. Although its farther away from the facilities, it ain't too far as everything is a five minute walk. Again, it was comforting to be able to cook our own food especially during noche buena.

A big plus was the fact that the resort was able to arrange Mass for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. We didn't have to go out. We enjoyed the Fireworks during New Year.

Housekeeping during peak season is strained as our requests for towels on both occasions came after three calls to the front desk. At one instance we were told that it was already delivered when in fact we haven't received any. Why would we call again in the first place.

We had the been to the place in the past and keep returning to this resort because you get value for money at a resort not too far away from manila.

During all the times I've stayed in this resort, there was only one instance I didn't quite like but am willing to overlook since there were more pleasant things to remember of the place. It was the time I was checking out. The clerk who was processing my credit card was impatient and arrogant to say the least. My card would not process payment and she immediately gave this attitude of dealing with me like I didn't have the money to pay. (You know that type of person who thought highly of herself yet you knew deep down she had nothing to show) I had asked her again, politely, to try again since I had just renewed my credit card and was a person of good credit standing with the bank. She did again with attitude, swiping my card with more force than usual. She reached out to hand me my card and asked me if I had cash on me to pay the bills without waiting for the machine to determine the status of my card. At this time I could say she was irritated. But just the same, I knew there was nothing wrong with my card and nicely asked her to check again explaining that I had just renewed my card and annual fee. Typical of the woman, as I handed back my card, she takes a quick swipe at it, and strongly inserts it into the verifying machine. This time I noticed she turns it off and on again to reset it. Lo and behold it started processing my card. How easy it could have been for me to put her in her place at that point but I wanted to start my New Year right.

Will certainly be back. Hope they maintain the place, facilities, and improve the food.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Manny,

Thank you for giving us this good review.
We have met with our front office staff about the negative behaviour you have narrated. We will make sure it won’t happen again.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived before 3pm. The room (orchard lane) is not yet available. But at 2.58pm the key was handed to me.

Nice room. Big enough to accommodate us but small enough to have us bond by chats, tv and snacks.

Pools are limited (3-4 pools of decent depth for adults and kids). With playground for toddlers.

What I loved most is the spectacular view of the Taal lake and volcano, the very productive fruit bearing trees and the architecture of the villas. We even challenged ourselves to get a low hanging mango from a tree. Wow!

This is a good choice of a quality vacation. Should have booked for at least 3 days. The personnel are so attentive. They even us Alerta for mom's allergy and dish washing soap and scrub to wash the dishes at no extra cost.

When given time if will definitely come back. Just hope the guests would be more clean and sensitive. They should not act as if they own the place.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Benilda R
Dear Benilda,

We appreciate that you took the time to write about your positive experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The ambience is good the food is ok, the rooms are spacious and comfy.
The only thing that disappointed us is that the swimming pool has to be vacated on 12:00 am???We travelled from Manila expecting a night swim and after 10 minutes in the main pool enjoying ourselves we were instructed to leave the pool. Imagine the reactions in our faces!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Craig S
Dear Craig S,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to have disappointed you about the pool hours. We have to vacate the pool at 12 midnight to give way to our regular daily cleaning and maintenance. We will check if we can still shorten the cleaning period.

Lovelyn, Customer Service Officer

Travellers are raving about these Talisay hotels

Pasig City
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had high expectations coming in and we were not disappointed.

This is a great place to relax if you want a view of the lake and the volcano, refreshing breeze, plenty of greens and plenty of things to do. You can be close to nature while enjoying the modern amenities like a big swimming pool, air-conditioned rooms, new buildings, WiFi in some areas and cable TV in your room. The place is easily accessible and you almost can't get lost looking for it.

The staff are friendly and the coach driver even gives a tour around the resort while conveniently quoting the rental prices of the different accommodations.

The resort is quite strict on their check-in times so take note of that although you can already use some of the facilities while waiting for your room to be available.

Keep this on your list of places to visit in the Philippines.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the new buildings. The 2nd floor units in Orchard Lane are the best especially...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talisay
Coral Beach Club
White Castle Resort & Hotel
The Farm at San Benito
The Farm at San Benito
#1 of 7 in Lipa City

Been to Club Balai Isabel? Share your experiences!