“Perfect for family bonding”
Review of Club Balai Isabel

Club Balai Isabel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Talisay
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Going to Balai Isabel was a last-minute decision.I was thinking of a perfect place for my daughter's 19th birthday.We wanted it to be just intimate,peaceful and relaxing.We found a perfect place-Club Balai Isabel!We just saw CBI's website and did the reservation on-line.It was so hassle-free.We booked for an overnight stay (May 19). Upon entering the main gate, we were greeted by the friendly guard who gave us instructions on where to proceed next.The staff at the reception were accommodating. Checking-in was fast and systematic.The room was comfy and clean (Room 404 Balai Mabini).The whole place is well-maintained.We felt like we were communing with Mother Nature.The entire staff are so polite and honest.My son left his camera len's cover at Terraza.The resto staff temporarily kept it and gave it back to us.Food tastes good and reasonably priced as well. Our stay was indeed worth it.I was so happy I made that last-minute decision.We will definitely go back to this haven and stay longer! More power to Club Balai Isabel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lovelyn P, Customer Service Officer at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Violeta 1212,

Thank you for choosing us for a very important occasion. Your review is heart-warming and inspires us to be better everyday.

Belated happy birthday to your daughter.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Every year, we always get to have our company summer escapades with our work mates. I proposed for the Club Balai Isabel, having only lake & pools for a change this time, since we used to go to beaches for the last couple of years. Fortunately, the management approved the location & since we're operating 24/7 continuously, we have to divide the manpower into two batches. They provided me a quotation for a corporate package; breakfast & dinner buffet with snacks, room accommodation, team building facilities & other necessary equipment.
We've been greatly welcomed with cool refreshments & hotel shell necklaces. Had our sumptuous buffet lunch in their resto, and indeed their buffets are delicious. it was worth the package they provided us. The rooms were tidy and as well as the restrooms. We proceeded to do our team building activities, providing us a water station nearby. We certainly had so much fun though they've been through a few bruises out of the activities we had! Afterwhich, we had our dinner served near at the Kumintang Board, well of course, provided again with all our requests, the set-up, the free videoke, the live acoustic band we brought, & the open pool hours (which we greatly requested).
The next day, my colleagues and bosses woke up early just to witness the astonishing rise of the sun by the lake & indulging the tasty buffet breakfast after the several selfies they or we had... :)
Club Balai definitely welcomed us to their utmost service. Though there are times they seem to be so sluggish in responding (which I have to understand, considering that there are other guests also in the hotel), their grilling area is too far from the pool!!! :( (we have to assign a runner) & at times I get so temperamental, they still managed to be calm & retort me politely. My highest regard to Melmar & all the other staff, who patiently took in all consideration with all of our requests.
Till next time! And we shall anticipate more & more fun activities in your resort since you don't have a beach, other than the gigantic pools you have.
Thanks for the great experience. I, as well, have a positive feedback (from the company) during the escapade!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gomezra
Lovelyn P, Customer Service Officer at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear gomezra,

Thank you for your appreciation. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Melmar and the staff who worked with you are very grateful to your positive feedback.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good place for unwinding. The taal lake view is a very relaxing, epic experience.
Kids loved the pools...
When we arrived, I felt no warmth from the front desk staff....they are all poker faced. (checked in May 12, 11 am). nobody even greeted me Good Morning Mam! or welcome po!
I felt like I owed that stay from them...
The Agoncillo 402 room was almost perfect except the toilet bowl downstairs is not working properly and the shower at the 2nd level is always hot. We did not have enough foot towels in the restrooms.
Maybe due to the haste , we were not given bath towels. But they brought these in just in time.
Breakfast was ok.
Generally the place was great. Service could be better..Train your front desk staff. They are in the hospitality business they should not be suplado or suplada.

Room Tip: try the lake fronting rooms and when you come back the orchard lane should be ok.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear MsShobie S,

Thank you for your review. Our belated greetings on your 40th. Thank you for giving us the specific date and time of your arrival, we are able to pinpoint the Front Office staff on duty; and have discussed corrective measures with them.

We are taking note of all other concerns you wrote about and will work on improvement.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

our rm is located at 4th flr recto bldg#super stress coming up&down anyway its huge v.clean 3queen sz bed nicest pillow I've had ample parking *no in-house slippers but hair dryer can be requested if avai.... addtl 300P for buffet bfast if more than the per head rm capacity, biggest pool ever though kiddie pool maybe boring for kids... finding ur room might be a little stressful cause theres nobody to assist you, oh yeah our room cost 8T++ for an overnight stay max 6px addtl 1500/head w/ free breakfast buffet for 3px

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank raetan92

Dear raetan92,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret the inconvenience that was caused by having your room on the 4th floor. We hope that we can make it up to you when you come back. If you would let us know, we can choose a lower floor for you.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Travel to the area can be a challenge depending on the time you leave Manila. Once you get to the place, you will notice the nice layout and the various facilities available to guests. We were booked in the hotel-type buildings. It was a short walk to the restaurant. Facilities are fairly good. You have several pools to go to, including one near the restaurant. There is a pool table, basketball court and you can bike around the place. There is a very nice view of Taal volcano. You can book a tour of the volcano through them. The room is clean and had the basic necessities. The food in the restaurant is fair. If you want a place where there is something for every member of the family, this is definitely a place to consider.

Room Tip: You may have to ask for a room with a direct view of Taal volcano. The higher rooms are quieter, les...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Roderick C,

Thank you very much for your very good feedback. It is for guests like you that make us want to be better every day.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The venue and the ambiance is excellent, the service is good except for some lapses in refilling the foods during meal time..But its understandable because our number are quite a lot..The rooms are A OK except for lacking toiletry items like lotion, toothpaste and tooth brushes and disposable slippers...

But the rest is EXCELLENTE..very courteous and respectful staff..particularly the lead waiter or f&b attendant Melvin..and to Mr. Arthur Quintos who have been very nice and very patient in accomodating and taking care of us..Management should commend this guys! See you again on May 15 & 16 for our 2nd batch team building!!

Room Tip: rooms that are overlooking taal lake and the volcano itself.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ravengun_14

Thank you for your positive feedback. Arthur and Melmar treasure the appreciation you have given them. We hope May 15 & 16 will be even better.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our family outing last April 11-13 was fun in Balai Isabel, the view of Taal is very good, our villa is spacious, it has 4 room and a kitchen with cooking utensils. The gas stove though is quite small and too slow to cook plus the TV's cable signal is bad. The view from our villa is perfect and the swimming pool, chapel, biking activities , playground are the things that we enjoyed. The staff are not that nice though since when we arrive there is no one to assist us where our room is, we were given a map to find our place. We did not ask for anything from the hotel staff since we cook our own food as well. Good thing that distilled water is provided by the hotel. I just have one concern when it comes to honestly of the employees, we checked out last April 13 and in the morning, we found out that we left the ipad mini in one of the rooms, I immediately called the hotel to assist me in looking for it since we left it under the pillow, we are sure that it was left in that area since we used it before sleeping. I was advised by the front desk that it will be referred to housekeeping and housekeeping called me and advised that nothing was seen. I asked if there is new occupant but was advised that there is none. With this, I rest my case but I told the manager in charge that I was hoping that it will be returned since I am quite sure that it was left under the pillow but then I cannot argue anymore. Ipad mini has new feature that you need to register and if in case of lost, and the new user doesn't know the password, it has no use anymore. I rest my case already but last May 1, somebody texted our number and asked if we lost an IPAD, we replied that yes we lost it in Balai Isabel, the person who texted said that somebody brought it to the store to be reopened but then the technician was not able to do so because of lack of password, we were advised that he saw his mobile no. We asked for the location of the store and we were advised that it is in Batangas, with this, we are sure that one of the employees is guilty of getting the ipad, I have sent email to my Account Executive reporting the incident and after the text message has been received but no action has been done. I am sure that IPAD won't be returned but I advised our Account Executive that honesty is an important character for the hotel staff. To the next traveller, make sure that you take care of your belongings. I also hope that the hotel will conduct an investigation so that employees who do not display honestly will be removed from the organization.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Therese A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talisay
Coral Beach Club
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Canyon Woods Resort Club
White Castle Resort & Hotel

Been to Club Balai Isabel? Share your experiences!