We found out about this resort when we watched it in Rated K. Our first impression was it would not fit our budget to stay in such a beautiful place. We were pleasantly surprised to see that they had affordable rooms. We stayed at the Orchard Lane, room 106, for 3 days and 2 nights.
The reservation process was a bit frustrating because they had to email us 3 times before they got the reservation dates right and you had to follow up repeatedly to get them to correct their mistakes.
Fortunately, when we arrived at the resort, the place was very beautiful. Upon entering the resort, it is lined up with beautiful villas, trees and other beautifully landscaped areas. The people upon check in were polite and we were assisted to our room which was about three blocks away from the front desk.
The whole resort was like one big subdivision wherein there are 2 pools, a basketball court, a tennis court, spa village, billiards hall, restaurant...Rooms range from villas to cottages. I guess its designed to fit any type of budget.
The rooms that we got was okay. we had a mini kitchen with a gas range and ref. I checked the washroom and it wasn't hotel like clean but it was clean enough, not gross or anything. The AC was good, we had a nice wall tv. Housekeeping was very accommodating when we borrowed stuff or asked them to change sheets (since I had 2 small kids)
The resort had a lot of trees wherein the fruits were just literally falling off them. Our neighbors had a pleasant merienda of mangoes.
At the back of our room, there is a grilling area, there were like 5 for the whole orchard lane. There was a sink beside every grill but it was not clean.
There was a wedding and 2 call centers held their outing at the time we were there but you would barely feel it, the pools were not that crowded given the number of people at the resort.
They are currently building another big pool at the other side of the resort near the church that is also under construction.
- If you plan to cook, bring your own cooking stuff (pots, pans, plates, etc) The market is just near the place
- If you do not like walking around, bring your own car, the place is so big that you would need a bike or something just to explore it
- Bring glade or something if you don't like smelly rooms, the place smells when you cook, so we opened our windows every time we cooked to let the smell out
All in all, we had an enjoyable stay. If you just want to chill and relax, enjoy the view, swim, be with your family, this is the place for you. We plan to go back once the place has finished constructing the new pool and church. It is currently a nice place already and they are still developing it to make it better.
Check out the pics, hope it would give a better view of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on the shores of the world-famous Taal Lake and across from its volcano is a place where you can relax, connect and be with nature. Club Balai Isabel offers an option for an active lifestyle with all the comforts of city living. A mere fifteen minutes from the Tagaytay ridge, it offers an up-close and personal view of the lake and its world-famous volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Balai Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Balai Isabel Hotel Talisay
- Hotel Balai Isabel
- Club Balai Isabel Talisay, Batangas, Philippines