“Nice weekend break”

Hemsby Beach Holiday Park
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked up to stay for the Easter weekend. We booked two chalets as there was 7 of us. We had two chalets next to each other. Orlando 183 and 184 this is a nice location 5 mins walk to the club house, reception and Beach road, the chalets are clean have recently been refurbished. The chalets are old but kept as well as can be expected. On a nice day you can sit outside your chalet. The prices are good too you would pay double to stay in a caravan locally. The site in spacious a short walk to the beach or sand dunes. The clubhouse is good for all not too pricey either. A few chip shops and places to eat. The whole family enjoyed the selfs. Only a short drive into Great Yarmouth or Potter Heigham. Lots of places to see locally.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Babyses
John F, Customer & Team Champion at Hemsby Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hi I am John Foreman the Customer Service and Team Development Champion for Richardsons Leisure Ltd. I would firstly like to thank you for your very kind words with respect to Hemsby Beach. We do try to maintain a high level of cleanliness on site and we keep the chalets in as good a condition as we can. We have a rolling plan of refurbishment which carries on throughout the Season. The Team will really appreciate your works when I pass them on so Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was our first holiday together and we had booked the holiday as a last minute thing and we were a bit concerned because of the reviews we had read but it was totally opposite to what we had heard, everything was brilliant, we stayed in a florida studio chalet and it was spotless had a prob with the electric but was sorted straight away, staff were friendly and hilarious, entertainment was great! And the of site stuff was brill! We will deffo be staying here Again! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
John F, Customer & Team Champion at Hemsby Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi I am John Foreman the Customer Service and Team Development Champion for Richardsons Leisure Ltd. I would like to respond to your review by thanking you for your very honest response to your stay with us. We pride ourselves in having very high standards of cleanliness and we spend a lot of time and effort developing our Teams Customer Service skills. We look forward to seeing you again in the future Thanks

Reviewed 2 July 2014

stayed last week in daytona . have been to hemsby a few times in the last 15 years. the location is nice and near a lovely beach, plenty of shops and amusement arcades for the kids, and loads of burger bars etc etc.
The park is very clean and tidy and the bar/ entertainment area is a nice size and the staff are very friendly. we stayed monday to monday and the kids enjoyed themselves and so did the adults.
Theres plenty to do in the area, we took a boat on the broads, went to great yarmouth and cromer.
the chalets have seen better days and could do with modernizing and a lick of paint, but lets be realistic here, we payed about 170 pounds for the week for 6 people. thats about 4 pounds per person per night, i don't expect 5 star for that price. the chalet was clean and dry and tidy what more do you want for that price.
unfortunately we were flooded on the Friday by a huge storm which hit Hemsby and flooded the park and the village. so we had to end our holiday early, BUT Richardsons were great the duty manager was very helpful and agreed to refund me my lost days and within 3 days the money was in my account.
It wasn't the parks fault we had 2 months rain in an hour and certainly made the long 6 hour trip home a bit better knowing we had been looked after.
the only criticism i could say is check in. its 4 o'clock and you have to sit in the club house until 4 then Que for your keys, a lot of people when they have been driving for hours with screaming kids we waiting nearly an hour to get their keys. a better system could be devised to limit this i feel, as first impressions count and alot of people were moaning. thankfully one of the entertainment staff helped the poor reception girl out to speed it up abit. so maybe another table and say 4 staff handing out keys would be better than 1.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scotty19850
John F, Customer & Team Champion at Hemsby Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi I am John Foreman the Customer Service and Team Development Champion for Richardsons Leisure Ltd. I would firstly like to thank you for your very honest apraisal of our site. We aim to provide family fun at an affordable price for everyone and we therefore have accommodation to fit every pocket.
The cleanliness and Customer Service are very important to us and we carry out extensive Customer Service Training every year to ensure our levels do not lower.
The storm that you referred to tested our resolve to the limit but fortunately all of the guests that were on site and witnessed the downpour were very understanding and everyone pulled together to make the best of it.
Your observations with respect to checkin have been the subject of discussion between the Site and myself and we have now altered our system of allocation and we no longer hold everything off to 4 pm and we have indeed increased the number of staff involved in the issue of the chalets to speed up the process. I do hope this covers your points however if you would like to further discuss any point then please do not hesitate to contact me as per my details below

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have to say just back from Hemsby for the tenth time, went with friends now the kids are older. Stayed in Mustique and I have to say the apartment was spotless and a very good size. The only downside to Hemsby now as opposed to ten years ago is nothing stays open much after 10.30pm and Sundays shut even earlier. I appreciate it is out of season but even the burger van was closing early on the Friday and wasn't even open on the Sunday. When we visited with the kids everything stayed open longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi I am John Foreman the Customer Service and Team Development Champion for Richardsons Leisure Ltd. I would like to thank you for your very kind words with reference to your recent stay at Hemsby Beach. I would just like to make sure it is clear that you are refering to the other businesses down beach road closing down early and not our site. We are still operating to the same hours that we have always worked too. The problem is nowadays since the Education Authorities have toughened up there regime for taking children out of school outside school holidays it has really hit all Seaside resorts and the associated businesses hard and most businesses are struggling to keep open especially at night when there is no one down the road after about nine thirty - to ten o'clock.
Once the Season is in full swing in fact from this week onwards some schools have broken up and places are staying open longer. As from 22nd July we have now started a free fireworks display that takes place down near the beach at ten o'clock to encourage people to stay out longer

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had booked a weekend for my sons birthday treat for my son we love the Great Yarmouth area and found the site on hoseseasons website.I was very impressed by the pictures of the daytona chalets so we booked there and then.Upon arrival to the site it looks more like a scene from Escape to Victory with the prisioners huts,we thought we would give it ago even after an hour check in.When arriving at chalet 118 the outside was really bad with windows so badly rotten and a big patch of electrical tape on the glass to hid a hole i work in the building industry and have seen alot of bad repairs but this place takes some beating (who hires the maintenance staff and can they even do basic diy as they cant even putty windows)when entering chalet we were greeted with a damp smell and knife holes all in the doors.It looks like they had triedx to decorate the place untill you see all the windows are peeling again basic diy and 10 min job with the new paints avaliable and the best repair yet plastic trim on front door hiding a 2 inch gap with big piece of the bottom door missing.if it was not my sons birthday and i could have booked somewhere else i would have its a pity really as staff nice and friendly will not stay here again and will not recomend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cvearer

Hi I am John Foreman the Customer Service and Team Development Champion for Richardsons Leisure Ltd and I would like to answer your review firstly by saying that we are very sorry that you were in a chalet that was not up to your standard but we are at this time trying to update our older chalets as fast as we can. The site is awaiting a large redevelopment over the next few years which will see all of our older chalets replaced. We really do realise our short comings with regard to our accommodation which we reflect in our budget pricing and we normally make up for our short comings with our entertainments and facilities but clearly this was not the case on this ocasion and for that I apologise. If you would like to further discuss any point in this review please contact me direct as per my details below.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The other day whilst still at hemsby village I wrote a review saying how peaceful and nice it was staying in the carribean appartments and that we had booked whilst here to come again next year. I am so glad that somehow the review did not appear as on Friday the neighbours from hell moved in. Looks. Like four adults and four children, three of which run the landing the whole time they are in. They even peer through your windows at you. It is such a shame because the appartments are really nice. There are four top floor appartments and our friend and us have one each but that does not stop the people between us having no respect. The language is disgusting, and that is one of the women. Although we have booked for next year we are going to try to change it for somewhere else on the park as it is just not acceptable. We are all on holiday but people like that shold be asked to leave. This review is based on our experience and not the property as the property is really very nice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John F, Customer & Team Champion at Hemsby Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi I am John Foreman the Customer Service and Team Development Champion for Richardsons Leisure Ltd. I have read your review with a good deal of upset as you actual review content is firstly very good with respect to the Accommodation but then we look to have failed you when the new neighbours arrived. I would be extremely interested in talking to you about the noise made towards the end of your stay.
I must however recommend that you leave your booking for the chalet you had as the noisey neighbour problem is not one that we normally suffer from and in extreme cases we do either move the offending families or send them home to remove the problem from the site. Please accept mu sincere apologises and give me a call so that I can further discuss the situation please do not hesitate to contact me.and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returned from our monday to friday stay at hensby site have to say it was a 10 out of 10 all round clean site happy staff clean chalet our second stay will be back next year once again well done to you all gary and carol stimpson harlow essex

Room Tip: grab a bargain holiday