If you are looking for some independent camping and hiking (i.e., unguided), do not come here. While the facilities are extensive and quite good, including the camping, the surrounding terrain and trails are privately owned and access is controlled by the management. To access the trail network you must cross a bridge with a locked gate on one end (i.e., one must have a key). They do not allow independent hiking, and offer only guided hiking and horseback tours which comes at the usual high costs. On that note, the place is pricey in general, so even if coming to camp, bring your wallet and lots of money. If you are looking for a higher-end guided outdoor experience, this is your place. Independent experienced outdoor recreationalist should go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cascada de las Animas is a full service eco-tourism resort located in a natural paradise of over 3700 hectares of rugged mountains and valleys, rivers, springs and waterfalls. Only 60 kilometers from Santiago Chile, you will find a wide assortment of delightful cabins, rooms, hostel accommodations, a full service restaurant, swimming pool and more, all located in a park-like setting. Guided horseback riding, whitewater rafting, trekking, wine tasting excursions and other activities are available year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Cascada de las Animas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascada De Las Animas Hotel San Alfonso
- Cascada De Las Animas Chile/San Alfonso