“Friendly, welcoming and clean B and B.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Burnt House Farm

Burnt House Farm
Burnt House Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Mark B&B and Inns
“Friendly, welcoming and clean B and B.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Me, my husband and our 6 year old son stayed here for 2 nights. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, the room was clean, warm and well equipped. The breakfasts were done to our specifications, with a nice selection of cereals, toast and cooked breakfast each day. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. The on site stables were nice for my little boy to see the horses, chickens on site too and friendly pet dogs. A lovely weekend break....definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I stayed for just one night in May 2012 as a last minute change to our plans to break up the drive from Cornwall back to the North West. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location of the B&B is perfect for the highlights of Somerset: Glastonbury, Cheddar Gorge and various cider farms. The sincereity of the owners and grounded nature of the locals was a welcome relief from the Padstow posers (for the record I loved Padstow but it's almost Disney-like these days).

The accommodation is simple and while the rooms are slightly dated, the B&B and it's owners are completely in keeping with the accessible, friendly and hospitable nature of the county and it's population. We were offered bikes to shorten the ten minute walk to the two local pubs, which is in keeping with the friendly nature of the owners.
I spent a serious portion of the stay mentally planning a return trip with a few chums and the roadies for a spot of cycling and some serious cider consumption. For cyclists out there, this B&B is on the Lands End to John O'Groats route, and I would strongly recommend it if you are that way inclined.

The highlights are the pool, location and friendly nature of the owners.
There is room for improvement around the decor in the rooms, though we did stay in the smallest double and the other rooms may be less dated.

In short, I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a friendly simple guesthouse to explore Somerset. Five starts for doing what it does brilliantly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We arrived just before 4pm and Were greeted at the door and shown to our family room, which was great, spacious with an en-suite bathroom. We were asked if we wanted to use the pool straight away to my children's delight and they got changed and enjoyed a lovely swim. I didn't swim but was made to feel very welcome by being offered a seat on the patio area by the pool, where I happily watched my husband and the children in the pool. The setting is gorgeous, the house is surrounded by fields with horses, chickens and very friendly dogs...all of which my children loved.
We had a freshly cooked breakfast in the mornings with on -going offers of toast, tea and coffee, we were certainly full after!!
We stayed for 2 nights and were sad to leave, we will return again, big thank you to Carmen and Steve for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed August 2012
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Spent one night at the Burnt House Farm B&B after having a day at the beach in Weston-Super-Mare this Friday night just gone. We arrived at around 6pm and were greeted at the door and shown to our room. We'd booked a family room with a double and two single beds for our kids. The room (well, two adjoining rooms) was neat and tidy - the en-suite was very compact, containing a shower cubicle, mini-sink and a toilet in a space measuring 3' by 6' (I was expecting a bathroom with bath, but nevermind). There was also a mini-kitchenette in the single room, and both rooms had Freeview TV (in the double room, there was a HUGE 42" wall-mounted TV). We slept well, there was no passing traffic on a adjacent road, the beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast the following morning was really, really good. Freshly cooked to order, and accompanied by a never-ending supply of toast (on demand!), cereals and fruit. Our hostess even complimented us on the behaviour of our two children (aged 6 and 2).

Burnt House Farm offers complimentary WIFI - it took about 15 minutes for my phone to find it but once locked on the signal was strong and true. Mobile phone signal (on Vodafone at least) was patchy though (obviously no fault of the venue though!).

At £90/night for a family room, it was good value for money. If we were staying more than one night I would have liked to have had more bathroom space but for a one nighter, everything provided was perfectly fine.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I would not recommend or advise anyone going to this accommodation the owners were rude and very two faced!!!

An incident happened where their was a leak of water in the bathroom and the owner flared up going mad, instead of sorting the situation proffesionally she was swearing, we also overheard both the owners saying that kids are not welcome because of this reason even though we had no children with us the youngest just being baby faced.

The room was not set up for purpose supplying equipment that the owners didn't want their customers using, candles in the room were lit and the owner persisted they'd be put out in a rude manner walking into the room without knocking.

Things were moved around in the rooms when we we're not their and we had to account for everything before we left as the owner said housekeeping cannot be trusted when money is left around.

It was lucky that the weekend was lovely outside the b+b!! And the Burtle inn's food was amazing!

Sorry carmen and Steve we were glad to leave!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Iibennii
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

To my wonderful hostess and host I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help understanding and overall concern for my condition ( I will explain ) I am on holiday form Australia traveling around this beautiful country and have been dealt a dose of VERTIGO having never suffered before it has really knocked me for a six our host's have been nothing but helpful and full of concern for my health offering us a very comfortable room and accommodating us for a extra night. If I was EVER to visit this part of the country again I would not hesitate to stay here again and can only say I believe very much in CARMA what goes around and all that, I have found these people and their family nothing but helpful ( and a special big thank you to their son for helping me with my computer when I was having trouble, not having my own son handy to help as he does this boy offered and was a great help ) again FRIENDLY, HELPFUL, UNDERSTANDING AND CONCERNED. Perhaps these ppl who have left negative feedback may have felt the same way wherever they had stayed as I had and saw/ heard nothing like their comments lead you to believe all I can say is GO AND STAY AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND I'M GLAD I DID.

Room Tip: We are Traveling on Discover vouchers and just pick by the picture and location closest to get us ar...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ipoh, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I also stayed at the Burnt house at the Jubilee bankholiday weekend with my family.
I would like to say we had an excellent stay at Burnt house, and all the guest were invited to join in the Jubilee party on Monday which was very good. The children enjoyed the pool all afternoon.
Especially when the sun came out later in the afternoon.
We found the room very comfortable, and the breakfast was well served and not hurried at all, even though we were the first sitting.
The owners were very kind and helpful and made our stay very pleasant.
When I was reading in the visitor book, I agree with past comments, it is home from home.
I do not understand why the harsh reviews were made. I have no complaints and would love to go there again soon, to enjoy the pool and hospitality of Burnt house.

Room Tip: Large family en-suite very good sunny room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Been to Burnt House Farm? Share your experiences!