“Lay back an enjoy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosario
Wellington
“Lay back an enjoy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

We sent ten days here and enjoyed the fine service and great staff that took great care of us. The pool became the place to be every night after eating in the restaurant. The food from there delivered the best sweet and sour pork I have ever had in my life, keep it up a great chef. The best thing was to have a hot shower if need be. I have no problems telling everyone about this place and good security too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tim F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

We went to Mount Sea Resort for a business meeting and had to stay for two days. The rooms look very much Photoshopped on the website so beware.

Location: The hotel is about 2 hours drive from Manila without any traffic- but then the problem is- if it's near Manila then there's a big chance that the beach is polluted, and so it is with this resort. It's in the middle of a small community that you would be surprised that there's a resort in between. There's a beach but it's not the type that you would want to swim in. The sand is black, water is dirty. Beach is for fishing only. There's a big grassy lawn going to the beach where you can play basketball and volleyball. There's also an obstacle course, problem is, it already looks abandoned and seems like it has been forgotten by the management.

Rooms & Amenities: The lobby of the hotel is Zen inspired- looks as if it's newly renovated. Once you enter the lobby, you would have a pre assumption that the rooms would also be Zen inspired. You're in for a big dissappointment! The room I got was a two double bedded room. The size is good enough, the view is of the roof of the restaurant below since I was on the second floor. The corridor leading to the guest room is has tiled walls, reminiscent of a hospital. The decor is very old fashioned - 80's style -meaning there wasn't any renovation done on the rooms. The wallpaper is also peeling. The room is in poor condition.

The bathroom is the same, the door won't open well enough since there is not much space for it to swing because of the sink. Cleanliness is so-so. There are free soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.

There are 2 pools in the property, one is an adult pool and the other is a bigger pool with a more fancier design. However, guests need to pay an additional to be able to use it. There's a restaurant- we took all of our meals there and most are disappointingly bland. In addition, the hotel has limited brands of beer, during the time of our stay, they only have a Chinese brand (TsingTao) beer available at a steep price and to think that we're right smack in a location not far from Manila!!

Think Twice about staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank FootDot

Travellers are raving about these Rosario hotels

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I spent one day in Cavite,but I found this place very nice. and clean garden,good swimming pool,and fantastic service made my stay very beautiful.It was one stress free day after noisy Manila city.Ok,the rooms are bit dated,but huge.Also,twin room consists two 120x200cm beds,which is bigger than in Europe.Anyway,manager explained to me that they are refurbishing all the rooms,so,it really could be the cookie of place.The hotel itself is just 35minutes from Ninoy Aquino airport.After all,all the staff including manager try to do the best to their clients.I will deffinitely go again there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank bvagros
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

The mount sea has a nice look when u walk in lobby very nice the rooms on the other hand not so Nice.The rooms look old compared to Lobby and pool area ,restuarant ,inside hotel etc. The food is average price but good quality one thing I ordered icecream it was literally one tiny scoop we couldn't believe.The staff are friendly especially the waiters but I found lobby ladies little unfriendly as did my partner.Overall if u want to relax away from hussle of Manila this place does suit I only stay there because my family lives near and no other options.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank jon s
LONDON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

Please dont be fooled by the plush modern lobby,the rooms are something from the 80s.Also the location is terrible and there are no amenities or things to do near by hence why the hotel will charge you more than treble the rate for basics, ie bottled water snacks etc.
What got me the most was I asked the hotel how much it would cost to transport me back to Manila to see some friends and i would make my own way back can you believe they told me 3,600 pesos when the going rate is probaly about 1,000, i spoke with my philipino friend who was staying with family and he couldnt believe it so after a couple of hours he went up to ask and was quoted 1,300 a big difference from my 3,600 ONE WAY
When will small hotels realise that not every Western person is filthy rich and if they want to get repeat customers blatantly ripping them off is not the way to go about it.

So to sum up
5 star lobby and entrance but rooms are poor, pricing policy and mindset of staff extremly poor.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank NABB019
Hereford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

It was really hard dealing with people from the resort, may it be the front desk or reservations/sales. I tried contacting them several times to book a room, as I was so excited about their promos 50% off on dinning (lunch) and accommodations. I wanted to know more about the deal and tried calling them several times, after several attempts I was able to speak w/a person from reservations, the deal sounded good and i asked them to send a copy of the menu and provided my email address, a week passed and I still haven't received the menu; because of my interest i went to their website and sent an email from there saying it's a follow-up on my previous request and I needed more info about their promo on accommodations, I was glad because I got a response in 9 hrs (not a week, and they responded!WOW!), I replied saying I wanted to book a reservation and had some follow up questions, alas! I got no reply. To my disappointment, I called the hotel and spoke w/somebody from the front desk, she tried to be helpful as possible but she is not that familiar w/the workarounds in the hotel, and wasn't sure about the answers she was providing, She promised to guarantee me the room for the dates I wanted to book the reservation and call me back in a few hours to provide me the answers to my questions. A day passed and I still didn't receive a callback! When I called again, I spoke w/a different person from the FD and was told that I don't have a reservation at all!!!!

Room Tip: There are 3 guest room floors in the property. Superior King rooms are located on floor 1 and best...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Local_Traveller2012
Cavite City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

been here a couple of times before, the place looks great, the lobby is well maintained, the hallways are always clean,. booked for an overnight stay a few weeks ago, the room had a classic type of design, may seem to look quite ordinary but in terms of being comfortable, i would say its just perfect for me,. i didnt know that the entire establishment was really big, i think the place would be perfect for events,. the staff were really welcoming, they always had a smile while greeting people,. the swimming pools were really clean, even the shower rooms, which in that case i am very particular with,. they had a promo going on during my stay, so i was able to get lots of inclusions together with the acommodation ,breakfast and swimming passes are included, even got the chance to use their videoke room,. the food that they've served was great, from the presentation, plating and the taste as well,big servings too, wasnt able to finish the whole thing, i think its good for 2 to 3 persons if i'm not mistaken?,. but all in all, the entire stay was relaxing and enjoyable at the same time,. i would definitely recommend this resort,.

Room Tip: get the room on the top floors, the ones facing the pool area, you can have the great view of the su...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eam r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosario
Coral Beach Club
Canyon Cove Beach Club
Canyon Cove Beach Club
#2 of 4 in Nasugbu
White Castle Resort & Hotel

Been to Mount Sea Resort? Share your experiences!