Walindi is a remarkable place in a relatively off-the-beaten track part of the world. People who are willing to go the extra mile organizing their holidays come here for what is a unique, and special experience. Believe all the positive reviews. I won't go over the detail they already provide, but I will say don't expect run-of-the mill luxury, but do expect attention to detail (the bungalows are just lovely), the highest quality of food and accommodation in relatively difficult circumstances, and care for each visitor from this family-run resort. Added to the well-documented natural and unspoilt beauties of Walindi is a set of people who really made our holiday experience unique, the owners and their staff. A special mention has to go to Gary Kulisek the exceptional Dive Manager, and his great diving crew (thanks Freddie, Dominique, Oscar, Victor and the others). It's hard to capture the combination of diving expertise and life experience on offer from Gary in particular, but I can't imagine anything like the attention we got as dive novices (including my young daughter) at any conventional dive resort. From what I saw, this is a resort that deserves full marks for what it does locally, and what it does for its visitors. For clueless foreigners like us, it was a special introduction to the best of Papua New Guinea and the Pacific. We've already booked to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walindi Plantation Resort, established in 1983, is an intimate dive resort situated on the shores of Kimbe Bay on the island of New Britain, Papua New Guinea. Celebrating over 30 years of operation, the resort is world famous for its quality of diving, international award-winning photography and warm hospitality. The resort's guest book reads like a Who's Who in the world of Sport Diving and Underwater Photography and the resort has been voted to have the "best diving from a resort anywhere in the world" by reader surveys. Walindi Resort offers 12 traditional style, self-contained bungalows spread along the beachfront and surrounded by rainforest gardens along with 8 Plantation House rooms. Bungalow facilities include en-suite bathrooms, ceiling fans, large windows to catch the tropical breezes, kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities, and private verandas overlooking the beach and gardens. The central resort area is the social hub of Walindi and includes the tropical and airy reception and dining room, lounge and bar area, swimming pool, sundeck, boutique and a comprehensive library with computers for guest internet connection. Wireless internet is available in the main resort area. Catering to a small number of guests at the resort means you receive undivided attention, yet the freedom to feel every dive has been made for you alone. Good company, great food, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere provide a perfect backdrop while you enjoy the delights of Kimbe Bay diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Walindi Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walindi Plantation Hotel Kimbe
- Walindi Plantation Resort Kimbe, Papua New Guinea - New Britain Island