I stayed at Walindi before and after a liveaboard trip. The owners and staff looked after me fabulously. I was particularly impresses with the integrity with which they operate respective to the community.. not just some colonial-types out to live a dream at the expense and labor of the locals. Their obvious love of the country and care for the staff was refreshing.
Bungalows are great, airy and roomy! Food was always varied, and I never lacked for enough condiments, sauces, etc... despite the high costs of such imported items in this remote place!
I hope to return to Walindi to dive with them at their great local reefs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walindi Plantation Resort, established in 1983, is an intimate dive resort situated on the shores of Kimbe Bay on the island of New Britain, Papua New Guinea. Celebrating over 30 years of operation, the resort is world famous for its quality of diving, international award-winning photography and warm hospitality. The resort's guest book reads like a Who's Who in the world of Sport Diving and Underwater Photography and the resort has been voted to have the "best diving from a resort anywhere in the world" by reader surveys. Walindi Resort offers 12 traditional style, self-contained bungalows spread along the beachfront and surrounded by rainforest gardens along with 8 Plantation House rooms. Bungalow facilities include en-suite bathrooms, ceiling fans, large windows to catch the tropical breezes, kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities, and private verandas overlooking the beach and gardens. The central resort area is the social hub of Walindi and includes the tropical and airy reception and dining room, lounge and bar area, swimming pool, sundeck, boutique and a comprehensive library with computers for guest internet connection. Wireless internet is available in the main resort area. Catering to a small number of guests at the resort means you receive undivided attention, yet the freedom to feel every dive has been made for you alone. Good company, great food, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere provide a perfect backdrop while you enjoy the delights of Kimbe Bay diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Walindi Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walindi Plantation Hotel Kimbe
- Walindi Plantation Resort Kimbe, Papua New Guinea - New Britain Island