I've stayed in Broome Park twice as part of a young family, the last time being April 2011.
We stayed in a 2 bed lodge which has all the amenities you would need and every aspect of the lodge is comfortable. The only 2 things to be aware of is that the lodges are pretty close together, so if you need privacy close your curtains, secondly their are only freeview (so very limited) channels and the reception for the tv caused the picture to freeze several times (on both occasions we were there). It's a very seculded and peaceful location though and an abundance of 'little' wildlife make for an entertaining alternative viewing option when the tv is 'taking a break'.
Grounds immaculate and also very peaceful, lots of space for our 2 year old to run around in perfectly safely and a delightful garden with hedges, nooks & crannies and a little pond (with fish) to play 'hide & seek' in while mum has a break taking a well earned bath!
Pool is approx 10 metres with a suana attached. Very small gym, ok for cardio but that's it.
Squash and tennis courts also on site.
Good golf course on site, full driving range and a putting green present too. On site Pro (Tienie?) is a really top bloke as well, highly recommended to iron out any kinks in your game.
Little games room/library for the kids. Full size snooker table with a definite 'tilt' to the left which would annoy the serious player!
Staff always friendly and helpful in my experience.
Is an isolated location so a car is recommended, but bus stop right outside the property so travel to local towns relatively simple.
No playground that i saw for the kids and no grocery store on site (both unusual for a Diamond resort).
Locally would hugely recommend the 2 wildlife parks, Howletts and Port Lymphe. Howletts maybe 15 minutes drive away and PL more like 40 minutes. PL has a safari trail as well which does a very good job of representing an African plain. Hugely recommended if you want a taster of the real thing.
Also great walking to be had in any direction from the facility. Didn't really have an opportunity to take advantage with the bambino in tow.
All in all a great choice for anybody wanting a very peaceful break away from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have you ever wondered what it would have been like to own your own country estate? At Broome Park Golf and Country Club you can experience the feeling for yourself.The grade-1 listed building at this elegant resort is a stunning example of 17th century Jacobean architecture. Steeped in history, Broome Park, which boasts a traditional British-style pub and elegant dining choices, dominates the estate in which you will find your contemporary woodland lodge.A private, 18-hole championship length golf course is just one of many sporting attractions to divert your attention before you strike out to discover Kent—the Garden of England—and medieval Canterbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Broome Park Golf and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broome Park Golf And Country Club Hotel Barham
- Broome Park Golf And Country Club Kent/Canterbury - Barham