My husband Kevin and I had a special time at Broome Park this Christmas. We had booked through Interval International as a 'Get Away'. We live in Virginia USA but I am a Brit with my parents living locally and we needed a comfortable place to stay for my first Christmas in the UK for 10 years and somewhere that we could invite my folks to come to as well. The lodges at Broome Park offer spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom accommodation with kitchen and living area. I was amazed at the cleanliness of the apartment on our arrival. It sparkled (thank you Elizabeth). My husband and I travel regularly and with Interval, often stay in self catering accommodation. I can unreservedly say the standard of accommodation was probably the best to date and accommodation in the US upholds a pretty high standard! The decor is tasteful, good lighting, the quality of linen and towels luxurious. We loved the large shower in the main bathroom. What a joy also to have a towel heater. We were surprized not to have a hair dryer provided until we found it tucked away in a drawer so every detail had been covered. Aesthetics are one thing but what really made our visit special were the people we met at Broome Park. We met Clara and Louis when we checked in, Elizabeth had left a 'card' saying she had prepared the lodge, Martin, from maintenance was out sweeping the leaves off our steps on Christmas Eve and willingly offered to provide a lift for my aged mum in his nifty golf cart should she need it to traverse the path leading to the cabin. Aluminium Turkey 'trays' to cook our birds in on Christmas Day were delivered on our doorstep by staff with smiling faces. We had housekeepers drop by at least twice during our week's stay. Nobody appeared to be dragging their feet or gave the impression of hating having to work over Christmas. We were in Cabin 14 which was at the end of the pathway where the lodges are clustered. For the older guest this might be a disadvantage but as it happened, my mother did ok but used the wheelchair provided (available on request) as back up. Parking was a bit tight with more than one car but 'overflow' parking is not inconvenient a short walk away. We enjoyed the large house and in particular, the warm welcome each time we entered. We had friends who live locally join us for an evening in the Kitchener Bar and with them had some fun with the Quiz Night laid on with Clara officiating. Everything was very relaxing and welcoming. We hope to return at some time in the future because the location works well for us and can thoroughly recommend it. We wish all at Broome Park a happy and prosperous New Year and thank you for your service and professionalism!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have you ever wondered what it would have been like to own your own country estate? At Broome Park Golf and Country Club you can experience the feeling for yourself.The grade-1 listed building at this elegant resort is a stunning example of 17th century Jacobean architecture. Steeped in history, Broome Park, which boasts a traditional British-style pub and elegant dining choices, dominates the estate in which you will find your contemporary woodland lodge.A private, 18-hole championship length golf course is just one of many sporting attractions to divert your attention before you strike out to discover Kent—the Garden of England—and medieval Canterbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Broome Park Golf and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broome Park Golf And Country Club Hotel Barham
- Broome Park Golf And Country Club Kent/Canterbury - Barham