All reviews the main house golf course tumble dryer mansion house leisure facilities travelzoo deal kitchen area full kitchen on site restaurant washing machine living room both bedrooms small gym swimming pool self catering diamond resorts lovely week
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Officious unfriendly difficult grumpy staff says it all. Avoid at all costs. Every request was a "no". Beautiful house and grounds ruined by the staff. Training training training. No early check in available so checked in at midnight after a wedding we went to elsewhere. Would have been ok if we were given a ride to our lodge (as promised) but instead the night porter wished us well gave us a map and sent us off onto the night to wander in the woods.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah A
Diamond R, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read of your disappointment from your recent stay. Our check-in time is 16:00. Please be assured that we will always try and accommodate requests for an early check in, however there is a charge for this. We work very hard to ensure all our guests feel comfortable and we always receive very positive feedback about our staff here at Broome Park, and it is very surprising to read your comments. We apologise if any of our team members gave a negative impression and we are sorry you felt you were not provided with the best customer service. We take on board your feedback with regards to this and we wish you all the best on your future travels. Kind regards.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hotel superb / room superb / hotel staff superb / restaurant ( separate franchise we were led to believe ) leaves a lot to be desired.
My opinion, stay at the hotel and eat out - that way you'll have a great time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Booked for one night in a studio suite, we arrived early, the reception staff were very friendly and we were told where our room was. We walked up the very impressive stairs to find our suite, first impressions wow what a big room then we realised the single beds had not been made up and there wasn't enough towels for the four of us. Rang reception to inform them of this, 5 minutes later 3 young girls entered our room without knocking and proceeded to make up the two beds chattering amongst themselves they did apologise for letting themselves in. The shower is on another level one of my family said I could p*** faster than this comes out, enough said! We decided to go down to the bar for a few drinks and some bar snacks the drinks were plentiful but when we asked for chips we were told the kitchen was closed because of the wedding reception that was going on, my daughter loudly asked oh are they the only paying guests in the hotel I told her to shush but to be fair she had a point. We booked for callisters the hotel restaurant again the staff were amazing and friendly unfortunately the food here is a big let down we ordered garlic bread which was nice, Thai crab cakes good, spices tiger prawns good, chicken liver parfait which was unpalatable it was a pate more than a parfait I could not eat it, mains were manor burger, the burger was 3 x smaller than the bun and dry, the lamb shank was good, 2 x manor pie with veg and crushed potatoes (a fork pushed onto the new potatoes call me old fashioned) the meat in the pie was quite dry the veg was overdone and the crushed potatoes were not. Then to pudding Elton mess this was just a plate of cream with a minimal amount of fruit and meringue could not eat this and apple and blackberry crumble and custard the fruit was hard the custard was good. On checkout I asked if the £100 from my credit card that they took off on the Saturday would be refunded automatically to my card she said yes unless there were ant charges to the room, I said there were not any and she said let's see. Obviously there were none but I now have to wait 10 days to receive my refund for something that I haven't purchased or damaged. I wouldn't stay here again because it is a very grand house but it doesn't deliver what it looks like

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Diamond R, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for the time sharing your experience with us. We were sorry to read about your disappointment with the allocated apartment which appeared to not have been prepared for your arrival. All our accommodation should be serviced to high standards, and therefore we sincerely apologise for any oversights in this respect. Furthermore, we are sorry to read about your experience in our restaurant, we will be sure to pass this feedback on to our food and beverage manager. We do sincerely hope you will chose to return to our resort in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I attended a close friends wedding here last week - what an absolute shambles! As it rained the ceremony was moved inside, with the reception in the marquee. Apparently Broome Park has only one set of chairs and even less staff because the Best Man and the guests had to move the chairs from the main house to the marquee in the pouring rain. There were minimal staff working the bar and the buffet (kids who frankly had no idea and no direction). There was no wheelchair (or in our case pushchair) access to the marquee which in this day and age is disgraceful. The toilets are outside the marquee and hired portaloos. There was no outside lights which means we had to negotiate several sets of steps with a sleeping baby in the pitch dark.

They even ran out of food - because they didn't cook enough!

What incensed me the most and epitomises the apparent attitude of the venue was the free drinks arrangement. Every guest had a £5 voucher to get a drink. I ordered a coke - which cost £5 as there was no change issued or a note of the drink taken. Most drinks were around £4 which essentially means that the venue was taking at least 20% extra revenue from each drink. Utterly disgraceful.

I get the impression they rely on the impressive facade and invest nothing in the experience beyond that. If you are a couple looking to get married, I would avoid at all (I suspect ridiculous) costs.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Diamond R, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We were sorry to read you had cause for disappointment regarding the wedding ceremony and reception being held at our resort. We would advise that the wedding was catered as per arrangements with the wedding organiser. The food and drinks were provided in accordance with the bride and groom request for 100 day guests. We hope you may wish to come back to visit our resort in the future. Best wishes.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived at a very impressive country residence through a winding drive. This was at one point the home of Lord Kitchener. Check in at reception was flawless & very informative. We were staying in one of the lodges in the beautiful grounds. 2 bedrooms, one of them en-suite & another bathroom. Our 5th person had a sofa bed in the lounge. Very well equipped & all done to a very high standard. 2 of our party made use of the driving range & everybody that we came into contact with was amazingly friendly, staff & members alike.
We had dinner in the main house, again service & food was very good. The only downside to this stay was that we only had 1 night before travelling to France the following morning. We will definitely be returning!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends