Howfield Manor Hotel
US$124
US$118
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$115
Pilgrims Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Cathedral Gate Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$105
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
Priceline
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)
TripAdvisor
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely groundsfour poster bedwedding coordinatortrouser presswedding venuepark and ridelovely hotelevening meal and breakfastfunction roomuneven floorssmall hotelan overnight stayenglish breakfastmember of staffbooked this hotelvisiting canterburystayed for two nights
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Howfield Manor this week, it was truly memorable.
On arrival we were greeted by a genuinely happy receptionist who asked how our journey was and even took us up to our room, carrying our luggage. This is something you rarely see in hotels of this size these days. Our room was fantastic, it had views over the gardens and we enjoyed a great nights sleep on a comfortable bed. The facilities included everything we could need. We decided to eat in the restaurant on one of the nights we stayed, and although quiet the food was superb. I enjoyed some local lamb, one of my favourite meals and I am very fussy about how it is cooked. It was really well presented and tasted amazing, The value of dinner was good and the choice of dishes and wines just right. Breakfast was a little slow but when you are faced with a decent full breakfast that includes local sausages rather than generic tasteless ones who can complain. The service in this hotel is different to most as the staff really seem happy to have you there and nothing is too much trouble. I even got given a cutting of a plant I had asked about in the garden from the gardener when I left to see if I could grow my own. Will we be back? Without doubt. Will we recommend? We already have. Top marks for a top establishment, keep up the good work

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Checked in after a long drive/Ferry from central Europe and was simply delighted. Wonderful large room, beautiful setting and the reception staff and kitche staff that greeted us couldnt have been more helpful. Free wifi, lovely meals, and stunning grounds! will be back for sure, our stay was too short.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DadofYale
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was booked in hear by work recently and was a little worried as it was slightly out of town.i should not have worried. The setting leads to a great nights sleep. The room was all i needed along with free wifi,could not ask for more.service throughout was pleasant although at times a little relaxed. Since I was there meeting people I had a bar meal at lunchtime,the burger I had was really good.its easy to get a simple dish wrong ,they didn't .it was lovely. Although travelling as a single guest I was given a spacious double which was an added bonus. The receptionist said its hotel policy to give the best room available if possible. Might take the other half there for a weekend soon and try one of the four poster rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I am sorry to be writing this after giving a super review last year but cannot believe how a hotel can go down so much in a year. On arrival I was greeted by the hotels one saving grace Eduard. He was polite & helpful throughout the weekend. That is pretty much where the service ended. The food is now average to mediocre in the evenings and poor to terrible at breakfast. In fact our breakfast this morning took 1 hour to arrive. Some of our party even gave up and left before getting their breakfast. There are lots of small faults in the hotel now that need dealing with- the door hook from the bathroom being left on the towels, the light that only works when you touch it. All minor faults but they need work. It is such a shame to see the demise of what was a super hotel in lovely grounds.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank catbelle57
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Howfield Manor is a pleasant three star hotel near Canterbury. Very pleasant and helpful staff breakfast was well cooked and well presented although the coffee quality could be improved! If we have a negative comment it's the 'piped music' -turn it off or change the record!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms/bathrooms are on the small size so it's probably best to request something larger when booking
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family