“Excellent!”

Howfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chartham
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Spent the day here on a course today and found it to be an excellent venue. Lovely lunch, great facilities, helpful staff and beautiful grounds. Thoroughly recommend to everyone - hope I can return soon! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sas201
There are newer reviews for Howfield Manor Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The pictures don't do the hotel justice - a rare thing to say! We thought the manor, especially the grounds, were lovely. Breakfast was good - all cooked to order. We had dinner there and were most impressed. It was not expensive either. Room was spacious and clean. We would definitely recommend the hotel. Staff attentive, friendly and polite. One v tiny thing - and it didn't even affect us - was that a guide in the room said there was room service until 9.30pm yet we heard reception tell an admittedly rather rude and possibly drunk guest at 9pm that it had finished.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Triton_Traveller
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Attended a course being held in the Oak room. Fantastic service from all staff. Great selection of refreshments and the buffet lunch was generous and delicious. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone visiting Canterbury or locals who would like a night of fine dining or a cream tea. As a venue for a course/conference it has everything you could need and more. Many thanks to the team at Howfield Manor, your attention to detail and support is greatly appreciated. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed two nights in early June 2013. Howfield Manor is a converted house dating back some 200 years surrounded by lovely garden grounds. We used Howfield Manor as a base to explore Canterbury, Deal, Dover and the surrounding area but equally this would be a great place to just chill out for a day or two.

Our room was spacious and clean. A very minor issue was the water pressure which was just adequate. The in-room safe is a mini safe and will only accommodate passports and small items. The free WiFi is excellent. There is ample free parking.

There is an excellent restaurant with an extensive menu. There is also a great reasonably priced bar meal menu. Breakfast was very good and included full English breakfast as well as a varied selection of cereals, juices etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pyctravellingman
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a wedding party in June 2013.

We had a family room that was light bright clean and comfortable.

Towels changed daily and nice white cotton sheets on the beds.

Staff were very helpful and accommodated all my requests and questions regarding my toddlers needs.

Breakfast was great although I feel their lunch/evening menu was very expensive for a young family.

We were lucky with the weather so we made the most of the beautiful grounds. Felt quite cut off for the weekend.

No complaints what-so-ever... One of the waiters had a very nice bottom too!

Only thing I would suggest is that they improve the water pressure on the shower!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I absolutely love places that have a historic feel, countryside atmosphere, and that deliver a not too modern yet prestige service. They are very hard to find. Well.... Ive found one!!! This is what Howfield manor is like.  Such a relaxed and welcoming place. The venue has such a genuine feel to it. The views, stunning.  The food, superb. The service excellent.
Sometimes manors are turned into large hotel establishments that become part of a chain and  lose their personal and comforting appeal, however, here I could sense that the venue had some personality and heart of its owners and not been modernised to the extent where it loses it's character and charm.  The staff must be employed on personality because although professional, they are super friendly and know when to engage into conversation and when to attend to your desires.  Chef cooks a steak like an award winner, and the whole experience for me is something I just have to recommend.  Canterbury is a LOVELY place itself. But if your travelling here to stay you have to stay here. It will fit in with with quality of the area itself.
One final thing that I did pick up on was that when I was in the local area conducting business.... I mentioned to my clients where I was staying. Their reaction???....... The best place!! Local reputation is very very good. Lovely place and will u doubtably return. Many thanks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Howfield Manor this week, it was truly memorable.
On arrival we were greeted by a genuinely happy receptionist who asked how our journey was and even took us up to our room, carrying our luggage. This is something you rarely see in hotels of this size these days. Our room was fantastic, it had views over the gardens and we enjoyed a great nights sleep on a comfortable bed. The facilities included everything we could need. We decided to eat in the restaurant on one of the nights we stayed, and although quiet the food was superb. I enjoyed some local lamb, one of my favourite meals and I am very fussy about how it is cooked. It was really well presented and tasted amazing, The value of dinner was good and the choice of dishes and wines just right. Breakfast was a little slow but when you are faced with a decent full breakfast that includes local sausages rather than generic tasteless ones who can complain. The service in this hotel is different to most as the staff really seem happy to have you there and nothing is too much trouble. I even got given a cutting of a plant I had asked about in the garden from the gardener when I left to see if I could grow my own. Will we be back? Without doubt. Will we recommend? We already have. Top marks for a top establishment, keep up the good work

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chartham
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel
#5 of 16 in Canterbury
The Falstaff in Canterbury
The Falstaff in Canterbury
#11 of 16 in Canterbury

Been to Howfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!