All reviews lovely grounds four poster bed wedding coordinator trouser press wedding venue room was spacious and clean lovely hotel park and ride evening meal and breakfast uneven floors old building every member of staff an overnight stay short drive visiting canterbury full english breakfast stayed for two nights
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

A lovely looking place/ location and can see why this is a wedding venue.
On arrival the staff were friendly and informative. The restaurant was nice and the food great, the breakfast had a nice choice with all the usual, a great experience

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We arrived here on our way to Dover, the hotel stands in its own beautiful grounds and is very quiet.

It seems to be more of an events hotel, weddings etc., however its a great stop over place.

The reception is quite small with lots of local attractions flyers. The member of staff that booked us in was very nice, however he seemed to be the only one, he booked us in then was behind the bar, taking calls and just about everything else that needed doing.

The bar is quite small, and the variety of drinks was limited but apart from particular brands it was fine.

We ate in the restaurant, if you don't its a drive to somewhere else. The restaurant wants tidying up as far as decorating is concerned, but the food was very good.

Our room was on the first floor looking out onto the gardens, its was very quiet and a lovely view. The bathroom was clean and it had a good shower.

Not sure I would like to stay here long because it is quite isolated, unless you want to drive everywhere, but for a night stay over it was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

You can understand why the Manor is in such demand as a wedding venue, It's ambiance and gardens are wonderful.

We stayed for two nights to celebrate a family wedding and couldn't have been made more welcome.
The staff and the food were to my mind outstanding.

I commend them for their food purchasing,
Everything was at it's freshest, ripest and good quality also cooked with love.

The rib-eye I had on one evening was the best I have every had.

The only thing I would note, and I appreciate that due to it's age certain things are
not permissable.

As I am rather disabled the odd hand rail on steps and stairs would have been helpful, but I managed..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as I thought it would be convenient fir visiting Canterbury and the Cathedral. Indeed it was an easy run in to town and a lovely quiet house and gardens to return to after a days sightseeing. Staff were helpful. Room though a distance upstairs and along corridors was comfortable with 2 windows looking out on the beautiful grounds. We had one evening meal here which was good but we did not eat breakfast here as it was very expensive at £13.95 as not included in our rate.
The only other negative was perhaps the entrance. Initial impressions are poor as the doormats were dirty and worn and needed replaced and the reception looked makeshift. This was a pity as it was a perfectly nice hotel with helpful staff and a car park.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017

My friend and I went away for a girls weekend and chosen this hotel as our base. We had a lovely time and both of our rooms were spotlessly clean and mine overlooked the lovely grounds.

We had dinner the first night and both chose the Chefs pie, which was incredibly nice with really smooth mash and lovely vegetables. The Waitress who served us was lovely. Breakfast was lovely and the full English was really well cooked and tasty.

I slept really well both nights and was grateful that there were good tea and coffee making facilities in the room, so I could have a cup of tea before bed!

The only slight concern was the grumpy chap who checked us in and gave us breakfast on the Sunday. He seemed a bit moody and didn't say anything to us - Everyone is entitled to a bad day, but I hope we didn't do anything wrong!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends