“Quaint & cozy, warm and friendly ”
Review of Chapter Arms

Chapter Arms
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Chartham
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub with excellent restaurant 1 mile from Chartham railway station set in the middle of orchards on the South Downs way. Extensive outdoor seating area with stunning views. All meals prepared freshly from top quality locally sourced ingredients. Dogs and children welcome
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to visit The Chapter Arms for a historical family mission. Not knowing exactly what we were in for we decided to head to Chartham Hatch and see the building & land onced built/owned by my 5x Great grandfather. We were pleasantly surprised to be given a warm welcome and a great convo with David, the publican now. We ordered our mains and they we amazing. I had the lamb rump and my husband had the chicken with noodles. Both dishes were hot, delicious and we left our plates clean. Unfortunately we aren't ones for sweets, but I'm sure they we also lovely. We did not mind that we were there on a quiet Wednesday night, as most of the locals play sports. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and would definitely go back when we are in the Uk/Kent again.

There are newer reviews for Chapter Arms

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have eaten at the Chapter Arms three times and have always enjoyed ourselves. We go for the Pilgrim's Menu. At the time of writing, it is £12.95 (May 2014) for an imaginative and tasty three-course meal with three different choices for each course.
The pub is set in beautiful surroundings, the landlord is friendly and the staff are efficient.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Decided to visit this pub the last Bank Holiday Monday 5th May ,there was 4 of us 3 of us ordered the burgers the other order ham eggs chips ,I asked for the burgers to be well done the reply from the bar man was they come as they come alarm bells should have been ringing then .We got the burgers the rolls were stale and white and very boring the buger was oozing blood O.M.G what. A stomach turn mine was doing summer salts , burgers went back but our appetite had gone , we complained but to be honest the staff wasn't really interested .We won't be going back there again We have visited chapter arms on many occasion before and were always pleased with the food and service ,but it has change hands since our last visit .

1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 18 May 2014

With a large group to feed (27 I think) I visited many weeks ago to have a look and decided to make this our lunch stop in the middle of a walk from Canterbury. The landlord was very helpful in making the booking arrangements and had set aside plenty of tables and chairs for us, with personalised welcomes on little blackboards when we arrived. Can't say too match about the food as I was unadventurous, ordering a ham salad, which was tasty and exactly what I wanted, though not a test of the chef's cooking skills. Beer was refreshing, service good and the weather topped it all off, meaning we had an excellent stop here to re-charge batteries.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

When I walked in I was transported back to a French restaurant.the interior was lovely.we were10minutes after the times for food but they did not mind at all.the food was quick and tasted fantastic.the price was excellent and not overpriced.service was very friendly.outside gardens were beautiful.definitely worth a visit.