“same as last visit,excellent”

The Woolpack Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Chilham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

visited with my partner and my mum on a sunny lunchtime midweek day in june (my birthday) very quiet day. we sat outside in a lovely sheltered little garden and had a pint while perusing the menu,
we chose quite light bites from a varied menu, I had fish and chips and when it arrived it streched from one side of my plate to the other ! perfectly cooked and the chips really were amazing I have to say, really superb,and to top it all the price,brill !
the last time we visited a year earlier I had the belly pork and that was also superb.

1  Thank roryrory

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely quaint family run pub, there is a vast variety of international and Brithish cuisine, well worth at visit

Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you are ever in Chilham, this pub must not be missed. The burger is heavenly, the staff are welcoming and even bring your dogs treats and water.
Food is served all day, even on Sunday until 9pm, so the perfect place to end a long walk.
I shall definitely be returning.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Woolpack Inn in Chilham is the perfect country pub. It is in chocolate box pretty Chilham and on the North downs way. There are many good pubs in the area, but the Woolpack is the best of them all for several reasons:
The staff are always very welcoming and friendly. Locals, tourists and walkers happily congregate together in the large bar. They are the most dog friendly pub in the area. Dogs are actively welcomed, given biscuits and brought bowls of water by the staff who are clearly genuine in their enthusiasm for four legged friends.
They serve lovely home cooked food and they do it ALL DAY on a Sunday, which is rare and very welcome at the end of a long walk. I recommend the pies and the burgers, which come stacked with bacon, cheese and a fried egg are outstanding.
Shepherd Neame beers too, to wash it all down.
It's a wonderful pub and in a lovely location. Visit if you can. And take your dog!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had dined at the Woolpack back in the late 70s while USAF officers stationed in the UK. Took us a while to get back, but dined here again late May after a visit to Canterbury Cathedral.

We are vegetarians. The UK food scene has most certainly changed since our USAF days. The Woolpack menu had several excellent choices for us among the starters as well as the entrees. All our food was well prepared and tasty. Service was flawless. Short wine list, but nice selections. We chose an English still wine from Three Choirs. Very nice.

So, this "homecoming" turned out to be everything we'd hoped it would be. We would certainly return. Highly recommended.