“Good food”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Classic pub in a wonderful village. Food and drinks are good, they have a little place outside where you can enjoy a pint in the sunshine. Overall, recommended.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We regularly visit the Woolpack and usually love it. The main restaurant menu is full of nicely developed meals with nice use of local products and there is a good choice of more traditional options on the bar menu (which you can also have in the restaurant).

I would say that the menu could do with a bit of a refresh; I found myself struggling to find anything I fancied on the menu this time but as we visited on a Sunday, I chose a roast after being assured the beef was served med/ rare. The beef came covered in a really thick gravy, and it was neither Med/ rare or particularly tasty, I actuality found it pretty tough and fatty... all in all, an uninspiring Sunday roast.

To top it off, I had a stale tasting apple crumble and custard cake/ pie type thing for pudding...again, pretty poor and something I’d definitely not have again or recommend.

From time to time you just need to give a place a rest while the menu is revamped... maybe it’s that time. Or you were too busy with functions/ number of covers on a Sunday to get the quality and quantity balance right... Either way, there are much better places around at a similar price bracket.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The staff were so welcoming. Our party ranged in age from 18 months to 93 years and included a dog too. Everyone was catered for. The food and service were great and we were very happy with our visit

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018

So ahead of our sons graduation we stayed here for the night. The rooms a a little small but cosy. Dinner was really very good for all of us. My pork belly was really meaty. The baked camembert was devine. Really do recommend

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We last ate lunch here in August 2017 and were so delighted with the food and this place that we decided to come and stay here.

The accommodation proved a bit of a nightmare with being over run with ants and the toilet and shower not working properly.

However the evening meal, where I had the same dish as before, was so different and such poor quality and poor value for money and something I ate, made me ill.

I ate the duck again, which last time was melt in the mouth and this time wasn't, it was a bit tough. Last time it came with a generous portion of veggies, all perfectly cooked, in a side dish, this time there was just a very small portion of brocalli, which was undercooked and inedible.

Last time it had lovely sauteed new potatoes, this time there were slices of potatoes which were hard as nails and I think had been deep fried for far too long, they weren't nice either.

It was a much smaller plate of food and to charge £18.95 for this was not good value for money at all.

My husband had the belly of pork and said it was nice, but too small a portion for the price charged.

We both were hungry still so we had dessert. We got the Eton mess which at £5.95 each should have been good but wasn't.

A very small portion with meringue sprinkled around the top of the cream. It said on the menu that it had Kent strawberries - there were two small ones in the cream which were so soft that we believed they were tinned - the waiter said they definitely weren't, so this dish must have been made an extremely long time before serving as they'd gone so soft.

I was very ill about 2 hours later with very painful stomach cramps and diarrhea. Luckily my husband had packed an old bottle of kaolin and morphine, which has now been stopped from manufacture, but thank goodness we had this as this stopped my illness.

We went into breakfast the next morning and said we were leaving due to the awful time we'd had.

The food for breakfast was much better - so I think a different chef works during the day to the evening one.

We won't be returning here.

Date of visit: June 2018