“WONDERFUL ONE-NIGHT STAY!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Chilham B&B and Inns
Maidenhead, Berks
“WONDERFUL ONE-NIGHT STAY!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having read through other visitors' experiences at Homelea, I can only agree with the majority of the comments made, such as excellent, friendly and welcoming. A first-Class B&B offering superb quality accommodation and equally superb cooked breakfasts. Fiona cooked 7 full English breakfasts in quick succession that morning - all praise to her hard work!
The facilities in our School Room bedroom and bathroom were excellent and the view from the balcony overlooking the paddock and countryside was beautiful. (To see the horse running and playing alongside the dog was the icing on the cake!)

We will certainly be returning to this B&B if we find ourselves in the area again and will recommend to friends and family. A great location for visiting Canterbury, Faversham and Whitstable

PS I just wish MY family would remember to remove their shoes inside MY house, and then the carpets would remain as spotless as the day they were laid!! Well done Fiona!

Room Tip: School Room had everything - excellent facilities and views of the paddock and countryside.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1moonlightdancer, Owner at Homelea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for your really great comments. It is lovely to hear the appreciation of the guests. All our rooms are individually decorated and we try to accommodate all the needs required in a short or long break stay. Our eggs are our own from the resident hens, a beautiful "yellow" yolk one that you wont find on any breakfast table. I really appreciate the comment regarding the carpets and is so nice that the majority of our guests can see the hard work that goes into keeping the house as clean as humanly possible and which this has reflected in not only our carpets but the house.
I look forward to welcoming guests like this family again.! Thank you so much for your comments.

Fiona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

"We stayed for my partner’s birthday in May 2013. The owner is friendly, welcoming and very accommodating. The accommodation is very clean and comfortable. The land lady has good knowledge of the area that is helpful. Public transport is accessible and a lot to see. If you like walking this is a lovely place to walk along the lakes. She sells lovely free range eggs. The land lady is very generous and we went away with a few bags of manure for our plants"
Kaki and Ian

Room Tip: We stayed in the Treetops Room which has a new balcony overlooking the beautiful views. Would recomm...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
southend on sea
Reviewed 18 April 2013

lovely place,good views ,great rooms,my wife and i only had time to spend one night,Fiona made sure we went away with a superb breakfast.we would recommend Homelea very highly.she is an excellent hostess. Bob and Ros L.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1moonlightdancer, Owner at Homelea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
It was a pleasure to share my experiences of the area I live in with Bob & Roz. Reviews are very much appreciated and look forward to them returning when next in the area to share some more delightful places for them to see. Thank you again, Fiona - proprietor
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Good rooms and facilities - modern, clean and comfortable. Pricey by comparison to even the most modest local hotels, and the service though friendly, courteous and efficient, was rather dictatorial and lacked any real warmth or consideration for guests needs - ie: (cooked) breakfast ends at 8.45 even on Sunday so that the livestock can be tended?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank William M
1moonlightdancer, Owner at Homelea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
I spoke to the guest on the telephone prior to arrival and he asked what time the breakfasts were served. I did say our breakfast times are from .7.30 am until 08.45 am when the kitchen closes for last orders as it usually takes 15-20 minutes to cook a full breakfast. This guest came down in the morning at 09.20 am asking if it was too late to put an order in for breakfast (his wife was still in the shower) when other guests were sitting there looking amazed at his request. I kindly offered him & his wife cereal and toasts and something light as I did not need to rush and do a change over in his room for this day, but the response was “don’t bother”. We have cut off times like hotels do. Check out times are 10.30 am so that we can get the rooms ready for new guests. And yes life stock do have to be fed too, however they are fed usually before the guests are even up and awake!! It was nice to hear that the guest has given us some positive feedback regarding the rooms and facilities as it is easy to give negative feedback but harder to take time to praise!
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at Homelea B&B for 3 nights in August 2012 and it was excellent. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area. We stayed in a bedroom called The School Room which was superb and fitted out to a very high standard. The bed was huge and really comfortable. The bathroom was beautifully finished, and the view from the room-wide patio doors out onto the the balcony and over the gardens and paddock down to the river delightful. Fiona makes an extremely high quality breakfast and as she has lived in the area all her life can advise you on all manner of things locally, from pubs and restaurants, to walks, shops, and all matters Canterbury related. Plenty of safe parking.
I'm certain we will return again!

Room Tip: All rooms looked really good, but given the choice I'd definitely stay in School Room again. Bea...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter G
Dear Peter
Thank you for your review and delighted that you have taken the time and effort to post it up on Tripadvisor and that you both enjoyed staying in the School Room. I do try to be friendly and welcoming everyone into my home, and comments like this make my job very worth while. I have welcomed guests since 1989 and enjoy most of my guests and feel delighted to be able to share the lovely area of Kent in which I live in, so having such a positive review is so delightfully rewarding. Thanks again. Fiona
Northants
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

After being let down by the Woolpack, Chilham, Homelea offered to accommodate my husband & I for a short stay. We were greeted by Fiona & Mark who kindly asked us to remove our shoes before showing us around. Fair enough, it is their home!
We were shown to our room, TV with digi box, bath robes, slippers, mini fridge & tea & coffee facilities. Very comfy & clean bed! Our bedroom door locked with a key.
We had a private bathroom, not attached but no big deal. All towels provided as well as shampoo & conditioner. A nice touch.
We were given a security code for the front door so could come back when we were ready.
Had a full English breakfast included at the table in the morning. Lovely breakfast with the other guests. Eggs are from the hens in the garden. Also options for cereal instead of a fry up.
Highly recommend & would definitely stay here again if visiting the area. This is what a B&B should be!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank andrea_elsa
1moonlightdancer, Owner at Homelea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
thank you for the review. Yes we do ask people to remove their outside shoes when going upstairs on the carpets. As I kindly explained, We ask people to remove their outside shoes as we have free range chickens, whom wonder on the drive and for hygiene reasons I am sure most people would like a hygienic bedroom rather than having dirty carpets. Most guests are happy with this and most people would take off their own shoes in their own house and generally do not have a problem with this. This couple were very polite and understood my reasonings. If people book in advance they are always sent an email with confirmation of the room and removal of outside shoes is always mentioned so that guests are aware of this and I do also say in my email "Please do not be offended that we ask you to remove your shoes". Lots of guests then bring their own slippers but there are slippers provided in the guest rooms too.
The room this couple had (The Heron) does have a private bathroom. It is not an ensuite room and the bathroom is private to that particular guests of that room, so no other guest will use that bathroom. All the other rooms have ensuite facilaties. The Treetops Room has a spa bath, The Kingfisher Room has a bath with shower over the bath and the School Room has a power shower and body jets. All the bathrooms are large ranging from 6ft to 11 ft
This was a very pleasant couple who I would willinginly have return.
Meltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at Homelea for four nights recently and very much enjoyed the experience. It was an excellent base to explore places like Canterbury, Dover, Thanet and Medway which was our aim. Far from being overly conscious of staying in someone's house, it was very relaxing and once the facilities had been explained by Fiona we were left to enjoy the lovely views across the back of the property. Breakfast was actually a pleasant change being able to talk to other guests and discuss places of interest and the food was very nice. Fiona is cheery and happy to accomodate requirements wherever possible, offering alternatives for breakfast. It was also nice that Fiona took an interest in your day and listened to tales of your visit, no doubt so she could help and advise future guests. Finally, Fiona's home made cake is delicious! Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paultaylor85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilham
ABode Canterbury
#1 of 1 in Chartham
Woolpack Inn
Woolpack Inn
#2 of 5 in Chilham

Been to Homelea Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!