“Badgers delight”

Add it.
Badgers Hill Farm Tea Room
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Chilham
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Its a comfortable place to visit . There is a dining room and also a conservatory as an eating area. Goods and gifts can be bought in the shop. Outside is a walking place to view the animals housed there. In the Summer its a lovely place to take children. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

A poor excuse for a farm/petting zoo/tea room. Avoid these miserable staff at all costs and go to the many great places in Kent that deliver their service with a smile. No wonder it was empty on Sunday in August. Horrible.

4  Thank Spanishsuperfly
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We had lunch today - the Ploughman's for two people and it was very good - 3 different cheeses, ham, massive salad, 3 different chutneys, apple, pickled onions and a warm loaf. All for less than £6.50 each. Wow! Service was quick and the setting appropriately rustic.

1  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We used to visit here once or twice a month but unfortunately it's gone down hill and we won't be coming here again. We sat in their new tearoom which was full of insects, I know you get insects wherever there are farm animals but it wasn't very nice especially as we had a baby with us as well as two young children. The food was OK but nothing like it used to be, we definitely wouldn't eat there again unless we were absolutely starving!! The toilet was vile, so much so I didn't want one of my daughters using it so had to take her to Chilham square to use to toilet there. Lastly and this is the main reason I've rated it as terrible is because the waitress (an older lady, maybe even one of the owners) was SO rude, unwelcoming and unhelpful we left feeling very disappointed that this once unique farm with beautiful cakes, amazing ploughmans and delicious coffees was now a unfriendly, displeasing and dirty place. Such a shame. Also they didn't have adequate shade for the animals..buts that's another story altogether!

3  Thank AnnieKLP
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Been to this place many a time last two times have been a big disappointment today was the last straw. They've clearly made some efforts in the appearance but neglecting what they already had going for them I.e quint lovely atmosphere and good homemade food.

Today my mother my sister and nephew and myself went to show my nephew the animals and a little bite to eat.

Animals can't disappoint. Service and food definitely did. The blonde woman who served us was lovely made great effort. The tables were all dirty in the greenhouse, we had to clear them ourselves to sit down. My mum had a ciabatta which was hard and oily clearly not fresh. I had a tuna baguette and salad baguette was fine salad was visibly old lettuce outlined by orange/brown curly edges and my sister had lemon cake which had a hair in it. At this point I'd had enough of paying for food that is inedible so took the cake to complain. The lady at the till was busy talking to her friend finally she took the cake out back where I could hear them talking about it then the older lady comes out with the first blonde lady and the second talkative one. The old lady must of been in charge she held the cake up and said so apparently theres hair on here?! i can't see it, to which they all examined the cake the blonde lady saw it said oh it's like an eye Lash (much longer). To which the old lady said we get these cake brought in. (like that wipes there hands of responsibility and the signage says homemade lies) The blonde lady said its not hair it's fluff. I said it's like beard hair, again the old lady was defensive rather than apologetic "clearly its none of ours we don't have beards!!" I couldn't be dealing with arguing with her so just asked for another cake. I got it but not before old lady whispered about it too her colleagues. The blonde lady apologised,she's the one who should be in charge.
Obviously customer experience, hygiene, politeness are not as high on there agenda as sarcasm, arguing and serving old food.

Here's a lesson for you old lady introduce yourself if you're dealing with a compliant, talk to not at the customer. And be apologetic not defensive. It was like a school play ground. Next time will visit the animals and leave for food somewhere else.

1  Thank Zoe F