“It was great!”
Review of Beechborough B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bishopsbourne
Beechborough B&B
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We enjoyed the modern house and the breakfast was excellent! ...and of course Lizzie made our stay very special. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2011

It's a cosy, comfortable house where you can feel at home but even more pampered in a luxurious way. We stayed in the Sports room a lovely ensuite bedroom looking at the splendid garden. The bathroom is fully furnished even for those travelers Who forgot something at home. It's a no shoe house, a further guarantee of its cleaness. Lizzie is very kind and available, the breakfast is simply gorgeouse. Martin and Lizzie Are both very friendly and it's nice to' chat with them.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband and I stopped over here on our way to the Channel Tunnel, which is only about 20 mins drive away. After a long drive from Belfast (and ferry crossing) we were met by Lizzie, who was very welcoming and showed us to our room. Beechbourough is in a tiny village in the Kent countryside and it was great to stopover in such a peaceful place after spending the day on motorways. Our room was great, with lots of interesting sporting memorabilia collected by Lizzie and her husband. The bathroom was also very nice, with many more toiletries and useful things than you would usually get at a B&B. After a visit to the local CAMRA pub down the street, where the landlord was also really friendly, we slept well and woke to an amazing breakfast. There was freshly squeezed orange juice, Dorset cereals, freshly baked bread and the cooked breakfast options were really good. We sat in the kitchen chatting to Lizzie as she prepared a full English for my husband and eggs benedict for me. This breakfast really set us up for another day's travelling, and we'd definitely come back here if we were travelling to France again. It would also make a great destination in its own right if you want to really get into the Kentish countryside.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed with Lizzie and Martin for three nights whilst attending practice days for 'The Open'. We booked the 'Sports Room' which has en-suite facilities,this room is at the rear of the house with views over the lovely garden, very welcoming and cosy after a long day out. Lizzie has thought of the little things that really count when you are away from home, such as, excellent refreshments, a selection of toiletries you may have forgotten and robes. What a choice at breakfast, nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I recently stayed at Beechborough B&B with my mum as her Mother's Day present. We were made very welcome by Lizzie, Martin and Rudy the gorgeous labrador. The room was lovely with fantastic views. The surrounding area is beautiful and only a few minutes drive from Canterbury. Nothing was too much trouble.
I'm sure we will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Lizzie and Martin were friendly, interesting, hard-working, and always concerned that we had everything we could wish for. They have decorated the house, garden and breakfast table attractively.

I was so glad that we were staying for four nights so that I could try a variety of the delicious breakfasts and preserves offered. The tender scrambled egg on potato rosti with fresh chives, and the pinhead porridge topped with runny honey and cream were my favourites. My Dad enjoyed sausages, and Mum enjoyed home-made granola and fresh fruit. I appreciate the emphasis on local, seasonally-available, fresh food. We enjoyed having tea-making facilities in the double room.

I have rarely met such a well-trained, silent and almost-invisible dog! "Rudi" was kept out of the way but was pleased to say "Hello" when I found him, one afternoon, in the garden, where Lizzie was planting . He appreciated our meeting with a happy tail but no licking or jumping up.

We enjoyed an evening stroll through a meadow, adjacent to the village church. The village road is narrow but was quiet, even though The Mermaid Inn seems well attended. The village cottages are very picturesque.

If I ever need to stay near Canterbury again I would certainly hope to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Gorgeous property and a lovely home... The room wasn't large but the bed was divine and the ensuite perfectly suitable. A little "removed" from Canterbury but only a short drive and we enjoyed the setting of the little village (great pub too!)

Lizzie was wonderful, very down to earth and made us the most delicious breakfast at 6am on a Sunday morning so she is certainly committed :-)

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopsbourne
Iffin Farmhouse
#7 of 74 in Canterbury
Oakside Lodge
Oakside Lodge
#1 of 2 in Upper Harbledown

Been to Beechborough B&B? Share your experiences!