We stayed for 2 nights at The Grove Ferry Inn and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing break. Our room contained a double and a single bed as there was 2 adults and 1 child in our party but, the room was easily large enough to accommodate all of us. Our en-suite bathroom was also large and airy. Both rooms were very clean and tidy and we loved the rustic decor and design. The staff were extremely friendly and made a real fuss of our little boy even taking him in the morning to check if the chickens had laid any eggs. The location was just perfect next to the river and had a really nice relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast was very very good and the food from the evening menu was also especially good.
If you are looking for a regimented, stereotypical, characterless room then don't stay here. If you want an individual room in a great location, friendly staff and yummy food with a warm and welcoming atmosphere then this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our homely little slice of Kent. The Grove Pantry Pub is an old Georgian manner sitting on The Great River Stour in the middle of the Stodmarsh Nature Reserve. The Georgian manner is now our very own pantry pub with pigs, goats, chickens, pheasants and quails all in our gardens and helping us to be proper country folk. Our menu is brought to you by our very own forager chef who trawls the countryside each season to bring you fresh ingredients. If our chickens are up to it the eggs on your full English will be freshly laid and collected that morning and if you cant quite polish the breakfast of don't worry Lily and Pickle our pigs will eat the left overs except for the bacon naturally. If you are naughty during your stay the team might rope you in to helping pick the fresh veg, herbs and fruit from our garden or feel free to volunteer and you might get a free slice of cake. But don't forget there is loads to be seeing and doing in the local area including boat trips chartered from the pub and pleasant walks around the nature reserve that boasts some very rare birds and beautiful panoramic views of the marsh and river. Don't expect a glitzy spanking hotel but expect loads of character, lovely old rooms with all the facilities you need to spend a weekend in the country with the added benefit of a short hop to the beach or Canterbury itself. The pub has its very own pantry area where you can pick and choose items made by the team, we have open fires and stoves, plenty of comfy chairs, a menu to make your mouth water, ales racked up on the bar and some scrumptious wines. The rooms are big and airy in that typical Georgian fashion, each is individually styled and has its own bathroom. All rooms have large sash windows overlooking either the river or across our front garden into the nature reserve. oooh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Grove Pantry Pub & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grove Ferry Hotel Upstreet
- The Grove Pantry Pub & Inn Upstreet, Kent