The website states that they own the pub, infact it is owned by Sheherd Neame brewery and they either lease or rent the property! It's the perfect location and if you are just going for a drink i'm sure you'll have a lovely time ( as long as no one elses lunch is stuck to the inside of your glass, which I found on the inside of mine). The food is over priced and very basic. We had scampi and chips £9.50, ok, but not worth the money. They have goats near the car park. On the day that we visited it was about 28 degrees and they had no water, somebody notified the staff and as we were leaving the poor things were given water!!! Not good. When we went to order our food the staff were more interested in talking to each other than serving customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our homely little slice of Kent. The Grove Pantry Pub is an old Georgian manner sitting on The Great River Stour in the middle of the Stodmarsh Nature Reserve. The Georgian manner is now our very own pantry pub with pigs, goats, chickens, pheasants and quails all in our gardens and helping us to be proper country folk. Our menu is brought to you by our very own forager chef who trawls the countryside each season to bring you fresh ingredients. If our chickens are up to it the eggs on your full English will be freshly laid and collected that morning and if you cant quite polish the breakfast of don't worry Lily and Pickle our pigs will eat the left overs except for the bacon naturally. If you are naughty during your stay the team might rope you in to helping pick the fresh veg, herbs and fruit from our garden or feel free to volunteer and you might get a free slice of cake. But don't forget there is loads to be seeing and doing in the local area including boat trips chartered from the pub and pleasant walks around the nature reserve that boasts some very rare birds and beautiful panoramic views of the marsh and river. Don't expect a glitzy spanking hotel but expect loads of character, lovely old rooms with all the facilities you need to spend a weekend in the country with the added benefit of a short hop to the beach or Canterbury itself. The pub has its very own pantry area where you can pick and choose items made by the team, we have open fires and stoves, plenty of comfy chairs, a menu to make your mouth water, ales racked up on the bar and some scrumptious wines. The rooms are big and airy in that typical Georgian fashion, each is individually styled and has its own bathroom. All rooms have large sash windows overlooking either the river or across our front garden into the nature reserve. oooh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grove Pantry Pub & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grove Ferry Hotel Upstreet
- The Grove Pantry Pub & Inn Upstreet, Kent