“Quality all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Neptune

The Neptune
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This restaurant has some rooms, and has a listing under B&Bs, but I feel should feature under restaurant section for Hunstanton - as that is its main strength and focus.
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Quality all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Absolute gem, visited for our anniversary on a sunny day at the seaside. First impression was that of a cleanliness - the bar area and room was spotless - helped by the tasetful use of "seaside" colours making the most of the coastal light. The next was of friendliness. Kevin - owner and chef - welcomed us and took of stuff up to the room, then his wife Jacki popped out to say hello as well and explain the shortcut down to the sea. Food - main reason for the visit, eaten in the cleanly decorated separate dining room was seriously good. Lots of lovely, local produce showcased and flavours were clear and clean. My husband raved about his rose veal (nicked a bit - it was lovely!) and my sea trout was the best I've had. Wine list was super, spent a bit of time reading and appreciating a well-priced selection from all around the world. Loved our time here - oh, and breakfast was a bit good too! Highly recommended and felt it offers quality for your money.

• Visited June 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“excellant food yet again standard superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the second time we have eaten here and we were not disappointed.This time we decided to have the 10 course taster menu.Kevin recognised us from when we visited last year and went through the menu with us.i told him I was abit dubious as I did not like fish and he was only quite willing to make me something else but I said I would try it.The food was wonderful but when it came to the fish courses I just didn't like them although my husband said they were superb.Jackie was lovely and said that Kevin would make me something else and came back with a melt in the mouth lamb dish which was scummy.The menu was really excellent and again we are so glad we travelled100 miles to sample it again.If you are anywhere in the region I would strongly advise you to go and try it you wont be disappointed and Kevin and Jackie are lovely

• Visited July 2014
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This is an outstanding restaurant. There are several intermediate courses in between those ordered.
A meal costs twice what we are used to paying but in this case you get what you pay for: excellent food and service. No wonder they get fully booked!

Harpenden, United Kingdom
“First class food, first class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is the best fine dining on the north norfolk coast, Kevin & Jackie never fail to deliver outstanding food in a lovely intimate setting - a must for everyone celebrating and if you aren't - find an excuse and book in!

Visited May 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal BUT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just had lovely food at The Neptune after a very disappointing start when we were advised they had no large bottles of red so ended up with qtr bottles. However when we wanted more, a large bottle of red "magically" appeared to our satisfaction. Alas we were also charged for the qtrs which also disappointed us. That said, the food was very, very nice and the one waiter was very polite and jovial on a busy Saturday evening.