“Great cottage - great holiday”

Review of Bureville

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Decking and Garden Furniture
View of the River Bure
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

cmguy
London, United Kingdom
“Great cottage - great holiday”
Reviewed 14 October 2012 for a stay in April 2010

We rented this cottage and the two smaller places (a hut and apartment above the boathouse) on the same property with a few friends. Being right on the water was a huge plus, the front yard is spacious and green. If one brings binoculars, can watch the birds on the other side of the broad. The cottage is faultless - clean, spacious, with well-equipped large kitchen. One of the most memorable parts was having breakfast by the bay windows basked in sunshine. We were there in April and the road was a bit muddy but was fine for the cars to go through without an issue. Highly recommended!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
27 Nov 2012
Many thanks for your great review and we hope to see you again soon.
Thanks @ Riverside Rentals
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Jul 2012
Thank you for your kind review about our company and the property. We hope to see you again very soon.
England
Reviewed 21 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: on the river
Liked least: access
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 May 2012
Thank you for your response and we are glad that the house itself was to your liking. We do accept that the road was very bad in places which made it unusable for many cars. This was due to the fact that we had just had the wettest April on record and coupled with high spring tides the water levels on the marsh where at an unprecedented high and had a serious effect on the road.

We have been letting this house for 3 years now and it is the first time this has ever happened and I would be fairly certain that so long we do not encounter the same freak weather conditions it wouldn't happen again.

The house is .2 mile down a wood chip road and as such has a speed limit of 3mph and a weight limit of 1.5tonnes to try and ensure the longevity of the surface, the weight limit is also the reason supermarkets deliveries have to be made at the top of the road as in the past they have caused to much damage.

Due to the state of the road at the time of your holiday, I phoned you on the morning of your arrival to make you aware that the road was unusable and if you were to stay there you would have to make the short walk down to the house. The alternatives I offered was to stay an another house that sleeps 10 people or have a full refund. You refused these options and decided to stay at Bureville. On arrival 3 of the 4 cars you came with ignored my request not to use the road and drove to the property anyway. When I arrived with you, two of the drivers told you to bring your car down "but go quickly because you don't feel the bumps as much". I told you only a maximum of 3 cars were allowed down there anyway but you became quite insistent that you wanted to bring yours down making it a total of 4. The owner of the road then called me away to explain that when he asked 2 of the drivers why they were down there and why they were speeding they laughed and swore at him. When I came back to your group to try and resolve the situation before I had a chance to say anything one of the drivers made very disparaging remarks about the road owner and became aggressive and used foul language. I tried to explain that we had asked you not to use the road for good reason, when you all became very agitated and you personally threatened to sue the road owner and me. Once again I offered you alternative accommodation which you refused, at this point due to the unnecessary ill feeling you had towards me and the road owner and due to the aggressive nature of the entire group I felt it necessary to refuse you entry to the house. I did offer a full refund which I did not have to do. Once you had time to calm down I then allowed you entry to the property.

You mention that you were unable to use the road and this spoilt your holiday, but 3 of the 4 cars used the road all week allowing you to come and go as you pleased. This was all done against our express wishes.

Bureville has always been an extremely popular property and many people return year in year out. I wholeheartedly agree the road was in a bad way and for that I apologise profusely. I can control most things to ensure our customers have a memorable holiday but acts of God are out of my control. However, I can assure everyone that this is freak incident, the like of which I have never seen.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$1,036
/ Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing