The Olde Windmill Inn
Good 3.5/5
The Crown Hotel(Mundford)
Brandon House(Brandon)
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsthe pubolde windmillrabbit warrenvery generous portionslovely old puban evening mealextensive menuchildren's play areathetford forestlamb shanklarge beddeluxe roomvisiting the areabooked a tablecaravan sitesunday lunchfood was lovely
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay in Norfolk for an extra night having just completed a 3 night stay at an expensive hotel some miles away.

The welcome, service and overall feeling of 'glad you are here' at the Windmill far exceeded the experience at our previous very expensive hotel.

Our room was clean, large and very warm. The evening meal was excellent - and good veggie options for my wife. The breakfast was also ideal.

This is a good find and we know we will come back here next time we are in the area rather than spend over three times as much money at an unwelcoming 5* hotel about 30 miles away!

• Stayed: September 2013
    Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was walking the Peddars Way and the first day was more than I would have liked, so I was very glad to see the Olde Windmill where I had pre-booked. After a pint of their own Windy Miller I found my way to the room in a new block behind and connected to the inn. They offered to show me the room but I was confident of finding my own way.The room far surpassed my expectations. Well appointed, comfortable bed and a bath to luxuriate in.
    I also ate in the restaurant. Portions are quite big and the food rates as good pub grub rather than fancy gastro-pub. Service on check-out was good natured.
    I rate this inn as a great find and would not hesitate in recommending others to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
    Reviewed 21 August 2013

I visited the windmill on a Monday, and was greeted by a friendly staff member who conducted me to a beautifully appointed room which I could not fault.
    However, my evening meal was at best average, the dessert crumble having suffered from the effects of the microwave, but the major problem was having to fight of the flies during the meal which according to a regular guest, appeared to be a recurrent problem. One local guy spayed his area of the bar at regular intervals.

Room Tip: Take your own fly repellent
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just had a meal in the Windmill. Suggest you check if the flies are out before you go in. Our experience was ruined because of all the flies and that was in the bar area around 5hr30 this evening. When I brought this to the attention of the bar staff all they could say was "yes we know about them. We have sprayed the eating areas" and that was it. The food was not great either. so beware, especially if you are taking guests or family for an eating experience. With the prices they charge he customer should get a better deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
    Reviewed 18 August 2013

Only stayed one night but was impressed by the large and very clean room. The towelling was probably the whitest we have experienced during stays in many a hotel - an extra mark for that. There was comfortable seating and a good sized TV. The tea / coffee facilities in the room were supplemented by good quality bottles of still and sparkling water and biscuits. Both my wife and I are not good sleepers and although the bed was comfortable, the pillows didn't suit us. (we are fussy and usually take our own but forgot on this occasion). The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The price was very good and we would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple