We stayed here last week for a party in a nearby village. On asking reception for a taxi, the person we presumed to be the manager/owner rang round a few firms before telling us that it was unlikely that we would get a taxi on a busy Saturday afternoon. So, he offered to take us to where we wanted to go in his own vehicle. That was simply amazingly good customer service. As it transpired, we realised we didn't need his services as soon as he pulled up outside reception in his Range Rover as our promised "lift" appeared at the same time. However, full marks for the offer. It was very much appreciated and certainly not something you would get at other hotels.
So, what was Timbers Country Lodge like? It was good value, there's no denying that. At £60 for a double room or £76 including breakfast, that was an excellent price.
The rooms are in small, external buildings of about 12 rooms per block. They are sparsely but cleanly furnished with en suite bathrooms with what appear to be newly installed showers.
There were a number of us staying at the place on this night and at breakfast the next day, the main topic was about how bad the beds were. They felt like they were going to collapse.
Breakfast was reasonably decent for £8 each but the service was not too good. There were insufficient glasses for orange juice, insufficient plates and extra cutlery (e.g. tea spoons etc.). We had to ask the girl again and again for the missing items. And, there seems to be a policy of not clearing any dishes away from the table until the guests have gone. As a result, our table for seven got incredibly full of dirty plates that staff simply didn't want to remove until we started to get up to leave.
However, to put all this in perspective, it was a nice room (apart from the bed), and the breakfast was more than good enough for £8 each.
Would definitely stay again at this price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the beautiful Norfolk countryside, Timbers Country Lodge is a converted barn complex in the West Norfolk village of Fincham; close to Kings Lynn, Downham Market and Swaffham and central to many of Norfolks attractions (see our website for the list of popular tourist attractions) Timbers Country Lodge offers a bar and restaurant which serves quality food made from locally source ingredients. Timbers Country Lodge also offers home from home accommodation and is an all inclusive weddings and events venue, providing everything you need in one place for a stress free day, whether it be a one night stay on a business trip or large party for a wedding or special occasion; good food and a homely atmosphere awaits you. There is plenty of free parking, disabled facilities and function rooms packed with character. Enjoy the big sky's of Norfolk and have a taste of our hospitality; join us on our very popular Sunday Carvery (make sure you book early!) Timber's offers fantastic value for money. Timber's Country Lodge really is Norfolk's best kept secret. Arrive as a customer and return as a friend... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Timbers Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timbers Hotel And Restaurant
- Timbers Country Lodge Fincham, Norfolk