“A warm friendly welcome”
Review of Harts Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Giggleswick
Harts Head Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Giggleswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went to the Harts Head for a week-end break. The welcome was warm and friendly and the food was very good. As I was on my own on this occasion, the staff would come and talk to me when they had the time which made me feel special. In fact, I can't praise the bar staff enough for their kindness. Special thanks go also to Barbara who went out her way to take me down into Settle and brought me back again. The only downside, some decorating would much improve the place.

Room Tip: I was in room 7 next to the fire escape. It was on the front but I wasn't disturbed by any noise
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Barbara R, Manager at Harts Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us , we aim to provide a home from home environment and am delighted that the staff helped you feel comfortable while holidaying alone. ,

Kindest Regards .
Barbara

There are newer reviews for Harts Head Inn

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We happened on the Harts Head Inn near the end of lunch time, which just might excuse the chef's lack of enthusiasm for cooking our meal. We took that into consideration when choosing an undemanding order (gammon and eggs) and the gammon was excellent, though the separately plated veg. were a very mixed bag. The carrots were really lovely, but the broccoli was sad! More like weeping willow than proud greens!

The place was empty, but the bar maid/waitress (awaiting her A-level results) was a delight and compensated for the long wait for our food and for the soggy broccoli.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank G and B R
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and i visited for dinner the young lady working behind the bar was friendly enough and well presented; i ordered some drinks and asked could i book a table for two this was duly sorted and after a while a waitress appeared with the menu we were offered a couple of tables for 2 in a rather abrupt manor by a young waitress working by herself, we were not asked did we want a drink so i went to the bar, had to wait, then glasses on our table were soiled went to the bar again,more dirty glasses with lipstick and watermarks -bad housekeeping! i ordered the king prawn in filo pastry with a sad limp salad no dressing! seen better days -and the 12OUNCE gammon steak 4/5mm thick- not the thick juicy steak i was expecting and a hard fried egg on top!
My wife ordered the lamb shank or lamb henry?I kept my mouth shut as this grey brown matter appeared with broccoli that was yellow topped and stale she complained we had some drinks knocked off the bill and the lady behind the bar apologised; Our waitress however gave poor arrogant and indifferent service strutted about did not ask after us and i thought was taking the mickey when she said enjoy your evening.For us it wasted our time and money the main points i am making is poor house keeping, poor service and poor training

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank james54011
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Spent 3 nights at the Harts Head Inn, we had room 1 on the back, very spacious, good sized bathroom with shower over, spectacular views and very quiet, clean and comfortable, only down side was that in the afternoon and evening the room was a sauna after the sun had moved around to the back- thick walls hold the heat, the provision of an electric fan would have been very handy! Lovely beer garden, again, a sun trap and not easily reached for those with mobility problems as you need to ascend a slightly slippery looking staircase or go out from the front door and down the steep driveway. Staff and service were excellent, very friendly and welcoming. Dogs welcome in some rooms and the bar area. Quite a varied menu, catering for all tastes including GF. Breakfast choice is excellent as you can choose the items you'd like, might have been slightly better on bigger plates though as everything looked messed up! Biggest problem is that if you need to take your dog out at night or early in the morning, you have to go down a very old fire escape, I didn't like it and my dog was terrified, I mentioned it to the landlady so hopefully she will be able to come up with another solution. Easy walking into settle- suggest the river walk, its stunning. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner and I visited the pub while we were camping in langcliffe. The pub is quite big with a pool table, but it is lacking in atmosphere a bit. We arrived at the pub at 6.30 to eat at 8.15. From 8pm everyone was walking in off the street (locals as everyone knew everyone else) and placing orders immediately. We were left until 8.30 and even then we had to remind the landlady that we were eating there.

The food was ok, that's about it - ok. The price was ok though £33 for two inc a bottle of wine

Would only go back if there was nowhere else to eat.

Cleanest toilets I have seen for a long time though!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard2910
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A group of us booked this accommodation as we were taking the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge over the weekend.

We had a number of rooms and stayed for 2 nights (Friday & Saturday). My room was a twin and was at the front of the pub, with ensuite facilities and shower.

The room was very nice, everything I needed including a decent sized fridge for the all important water for our challenge.

We had a Continental breakfast in our rooms for our early Saturday start that was perfect. We also had packed lunches to take with us for the walk, these were really good and just the job during our long walk.

On the Saturday we all ate in the pub for dinner and the food was excellent and good value, I had the Thai Fishcakes as starter and a nice Sirloin steak for my main course. Our breakfast on the Sunday was fantatstic and set us up well for our long drive home.

All in all this is a lovely Inn with friendly, welcoming staff and owner. I recommend highly.

Room Tip: My room was at the front over the restaurant and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shready
Reviewed 15 July 2014

a group of 3 of us stayed here for 2 nights as we had come to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge, the hotel was easy to find, staff were very warm and friendly, the food was very nice, especially the full English, we stayed in 2 rooms, double room was no.1 and the twin was no.3, room 1 was a good size, clean, and the bed was comfortable, and the view from the window was lovely. when we told them we had an early start and need to leave in the morning at about 6, they gave us a tray of breakfast which we kept in our room for the next morning, plus there was also a fridge in the room. after we did the walk and were sat down for dinner, I had 2 or 3 sips of my beer and i fainted through sheer exhaustion, and dehydration, and they were really good to us, while the ambulance and paramedic were there, so a special thanks to the landlady.
If you are visiting the area I would recommend staying here,

Room Tip: rooms at the back have the best views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giggleswick
The Craven Arms
#17 of 22 in Settle
The Plough
The Plough
#1 of 2 in Lupton

Been to Harts Head Inn? Share your experiences!