“Ideal Dales Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Giggleswick
The Black Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Giggleswick B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Ideal Dales Inn”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had the perfect break here. The landlord and family staff were wonderfully friendly and attentive to our needs.
The food was good no nonsense fare well cooked and presented.
We can only envy the villagers who have this great pub on their doorstep,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sian B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

After having a fantastic meal in Hearts Head Giggleswick we ventured down to the Black Horse for a few drinks. My Husband and I are from Liverpool and the Landlords Son thought he would try and be funny and start to extract the urine from "scousers". I have heard many jokes about scousers in the past (yours were not jokes) and take it on the Chin as all scousers do but I think he thought we had not heard any of these before "not" . His comments were very derogatory and very rude even our friends from Yorkshire were very embarrassed. I would LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS AND PAY 40% TAX most probably supporting someone you know on family tax credits. I have never claimed a penny off the government since the day I left school. You need to ferme la bouche. I am writing this now because I would not have lowered myself in front of your customers you need to attend a training course on customer relations!!!!!

Joanne & Colin
Lydiate, Merseyside.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank QUIRKY68
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from yet another fabulous stay.lovely warm welcome from vinnie and sally.We stayed for one night after calling in on our way home from the lakes.It is such a traditional,friendly place that what more of a reason did we need to visit again.The food is amazing and plenty of it.What is lovely is that Vinnie and Sally remembered us from our last visit, even some of the locals sat at the bar.It really is like popping into your local.We will be calling in again.

• Stayed October 2013
Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Everything said in the previous reviews I would agree with. This pub is a gem, tucked away at the side of the church and easily missed. With just 3 bedrooms you are very quickly made to feel at home with a typical Yorkshire welcome. Vince and Sally made us very welcome and each evening served an excellent meal from an extensive menu - and in the morning another good hearty breakfast to set us up for the day ahead.
This was not our first visit and we look forward to a return visit in the spring to see more of this fascinating part of the country.

Room Tip: Book early to ensure a room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Nanyuki, Kenya
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently rang my husband in Kenya to find a hotel for that night in Giggleswick and I was put in touch with the Black Horse - it was all incredibly last minute! I have to say that I have never been so warmly welcomed at any hotel in the UK. Vince was so happy to help with luggage, drinks and then a whole table reserved just for me for dinner! Honestly the room was amazingly comfortable and I had to leave very early the following morning but there was a tray of 'continental' breakfast outside my door! I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly - it was pefect in every way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were recommended to go to the Black Horse, by our B&B owners and loved it so much we went there all three nights of our stay in the area.
Vinnie, the Landlord, gave us a lovely welcome, ensuring everything was to our liking and even sat and had a drink with us on our last night. The pub had a very warm, cosy atmosphere and the food....WOW! We were spoilt for choice. All meals were beautifully cooked and the chips were probably the best we'd ever tasted. All at very competitive prices as well.
Can't wait to be going up to that area again as we will definitely be calling in the Black Horse again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill F
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I highly recommend the Black Horse at Giggleswick, the food is first class, the welcome is friendly and the atmosphere is of a traditional Yorkshire Pub.

As for the previous comments of an abusive landlord, after being unable to open the front door; I was in fact a guest that night. When these residents came back , very 'worse for wear' and could not use a front door key, despite each key having a fob stating front door...Indeed it is not rocket science. The issue was that they then hammered the door loud enough to wake every guest and half the locals. Their vocals could be heard throughout the Yorkshire Dales !! I was up for breakfast when they were greeted with a friendly smile from the landlady , but they refused to eat and left hanging their heads. Their loss they missed a hearty, delicious breakfast!

I can only reiterate what a quaint, homely and high calibre establishment this is!!!! 10/10

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank John B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giggleswick
The Lion at Settle
#1 of 1 in Clapham
Old Stone Trough Hotel
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook

Been to The Black Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!