“Delicious dinner for two!”

The Priory Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Burythorpe
Windermere, United Kingdom
“Delicious dinner for two!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have to give credit where it’s due. I went with my wife for a meal as a non-resident to the Burythorpe Hotel on a Saturday night and I have to say it was a pleasant and enjoyable experience. We were welcomed on entering by very friendly and polite staff who directed us to the very well-appointed lounge where we had pre dinner drinks. The staff were attentive and friendly, but not intrusive or over familiar. Our order was taken and we were seated without being rushed. The food was in keeping with the price which represented good value for money and the restaurant was intimate and comfortable. Some reviews have criticised the maintenance and upkeep of the Burythorpe and there are some initial indications that these are an issue, such as the front door could do with a lick of paint. My overall impression of the Burythorpe is that an injection of capital would address these maintenance problems but, for a value for money meal at this level, is as good as it gets so please give it the support it deserves.