“Great stay, great hosts.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wool
Fingle Bridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Wool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed for six nights, Liz and Colin were welcoming and helpful with my wife's disability. Breakfast was excellent offering a good selection. Quiet location, the ducks make a good alarm clock! :)) We will definitely be staying there again.
John & Susan Wiggins

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Wigjohn

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Set in a lovely village in Wool. The couple who run the B&B very polite & helpful & friendly.
The bedroom & bathroom was very spacious & clean & everything we needed for our stay.Wifi & Freeview TV with DVD Player & a fridge. The kids can help feed the ducks & chickens they have. Lovely garden area. The breakfast was lovely. Loads of information about visiting the local areas.
We visited the attraction Monkey world, The tank museum & on the way home Longleat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Madparadise
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Fingle Bridge B&B was so lovely and welcoming. The breakfast was the highlight with eggs from their chickens and home made jam. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 12 August 2011

After a full day at Monkey World, To go to Fingle Bridge just 5 minutes away topped off the day rather than drive back home made the visit extra special turning it in to a totally relaxing "Mini-Break"
Our whole stay there was faultless and flawless, we were made welcome right from the opening of the door,Highly recommended especially with young children who were able to join in by feeding the ducks and chickens.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Had a great stay with Liz and Colin. Very friendly and relaxing, the boys loved feeding the ducks and collecting fresh eggs - brilliant!! Will definately go back and for longer!! Recommend to everyone!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank smalf
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Fingle Bridge is an enchanted little B&B. It's hosts, Liz and Colin are polite, warm, bubbly and accommodating. They are also, as you would expect, quite knowledgeable about the locale area in Dorset and you can learn a thing or two from them, whilst chatting over breakfast (I did!).

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, as did my 3 children and my mum. The rooms are nice, spacious and have plenty of tea (My mum's main criteria for a good B&B!).

Breakfast is a grand occasion with Liz and Colin's witty banter coming from the kitchen accompanied by the smells of fresh eggs (from the couples chickens), hot toast (Liz's home made bread, and stop wasting it on the ducks Liz!) and the tantalising odour of fried sausages and bacon. The fact that Liz adds her home made jam to the breakfast table just sends my "authenticity-o-meter" off the scale.

Not content with being good, Colin even took me and my children out to feed the ducks and chickens after breakfast. My Kids loved it and it was the perfect start to the day. Getting back in with nature and watching my children's eyes light up with joy during such a timeless activity as feeding ducks first thing in the morning was a high point for sure, almost worth it's proverbial weight in gold.

The place is also very close to anything you want to visit. Me and my family ? We visited Bovington Tank Museum, Monkey World, The Blue Pool, Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and Corfe Castle - Everything was easy to reach from Wool.

Liz and Colin also welcome constructive criticism, they told me so. "If something is wrong, please let us know" Liz told me on our last day, "We can't fix things if people don't let us know". I find this to be a healthy attitude and told them about the loose shower fitting in my room (the shower head had a tendency to droop) and given that this was constructive, I think they will do something about it.

I can not speak highly enough of the place, it's location and atmosphere. One reviewer comments "Unfortunately for us we hadn't realised that this was literally their house". Seriously ? I think B&B in the title kind of gives it away, but obviously, this previous reviewer fails to understand what a B&B is. Silly.

Living in Belgium and being so far away, I doubt I will have the occasion to visit Fingle Bridge again, but I have fantastic memories and those will have to do.

All my best Liz and Colin,

Nick Kent. (and children, Xavier, Alexander and Cassandra plus mum, Nina) - The Belgian contingent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NicholasKent
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My son and his girlfriend stayed here and had a really good stay. Very friendly owners and my son raved about the homemade jams and bread. They enjoyed feeding the ducks too! Room was excellent and spotlessly clean. High standards of fire safety too which my son was impressed with. Would definitely recommend. Thankyou.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wool
Travelodge Poole Hotel
Whitemead Caravan Park
East Burton House
East Burton House
#5 of 5 in Wool

Been to Fingle Bridge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!