“Lovely setting not a great stay”
Review of East Burton House

East Burton House
Ranked #5 of 5 Wool B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting not a great stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here last month. Lovely country setting and the house looks amazing. Took about twenty minutes for the owner to turn up !!! Then explained my room wasn't ready !!!! Anyway went to the local pub as it was such a nice day. Returned a couple of hours later to find my room was now ready for me. On close inspection I don't think the bathroom had been cleaned and there were several hairs in my bed !!!! In the bathroom there was a very rude sign about the shower that if you damaged it you would be fined £30 !!! Really ??? Maybe change the knob or something ?? Ridiculous anyway went out for dinner and returned to have a nice sleep. Unfortunately not the mattress what can only be described as I would imagine it, a prison bed. Didn't sleep well at all and woke up with a very sore back. Then had a shower being very carefull to not break the shower and incur a fine !!! Went down to breakfast which was very nice eggs from their own chickens but the lady of the house really made me feel as if she was doing me a big favour telling me how hard it is running my it and that she doesn't get one spare minute a day !!!! what four bedrooms and one
meal a day and they had a cleaner not that she didn't a good job in my toilet.

I would of felt sorry for her if I wasn't having trouble trying to breathe as my back was in such agony !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank peter p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Coventry
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when I was working in Wool. It's a pretty B&B offering the necessary services you'd expect from a B&B and we were happy enough with it but it was all spoilt by the response I got when I accidentally knocked over a small plant holder when reversing in the tightly packed car parking area. There are several of these small ornamental plant holders dotted around, easy to overlook when trying to avoid other cars and I knocked one over and bent it. I replaced the plant, stood it back up and reported my misdemeanour. Apparently this was 'specially made' (looked like B&Q to me...) and the upshot was that £40 was added to my bill for failing to negotiate the obstacle course. At that price and bearing in mind that most people looking at it would never know it was damaged as it was still functional, I felt like taking it with me. Interestingly the shower also had a note on warning of a £30 fine if you 'over tightened the shower head and damaged it'. Feels a bit like someone is looking to earn a quick buck here and there?! I would have thought £90 for a room in a B&B was enough when we'd just paid £125 pn for a gorgeous 2 bed 2 bath apartment in the middle of Southampton but clearly the opportunity to rake in another 40 quid for a bent bit on the planter was an opportunity not to be missed. I feel as if I have been taken for a ride/mug sadly and that's not a nice feeling. Wish I had argued against paying the full amount when the damn thing was still standing up and doing its job. I only hope he felt that he needed the money more than I do as I would hate to think that my nurse's salary was going to waste... Anyway, bad taste left which means I won't be returning. No comparison with the wonderful welcome and highly extended check out time offered to us (at no charge) at the place we stayed at in Southampton the previous few nights, unfortunately. Some people just don't seem to be in the right job. On the other hand, the lovely lady who served us breakfast clearly was.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mrsbeebee
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband booked this accommodation late last night on trip advisor via Booking.com. Despite the website offering us a room for Saturday night, it unfortunately booked us in for the following evening in error. Despite contacting the proprietor, we were told that the full £90 we spent was lost. As a result we are on our way home. It is our fault for not reviewing the information, but feel that some recompense could have been made to us given the circumstances and the booking only being made 8 hours previously at 11.30pm and contacting the accommodation at 7.30am to appeal to their better nature. An expensive lesson learnt and a lack of good will shown by the proprietor.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Elsibells
Chester, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Comfortable and cosy. A very nice, secluded, country B & B. A nice change from city/town hotels with a more intimate character and cosy ambiance. I had a good sized bedroom with large double bed, simply and comfortably furnished. A nice en-suite with a clean shower. A friendly welcome and plenty of information about the area makes this B&B ideal for the weekend break. The Bovington Tank Museum, and Monkey World are just down the road with pleasant walks and good pubs nearby. The breakfast was amazing hearty and huge with fresh free range eggs from their own chickens. A wholly delightful holiday break. Free wi-fi and tv are available in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I spent a night here and I wished I would have more nights to spend here! A nice little guest house tucked away along East Burton Road (beware, it's not that near the train station, but definitely within walking distance - trouble is I had a really large suitcase and it was no fun carrying/dragging it there!) A really nice place, with a friendly service (and dogs to welcome me.) I had the family room (1) even though I was staying alone because that's all that was left for the night. It was luxuriously spacious and the toilet was clean and good as well! Nice garden with chairs and tables for relaxing. I'll let the photos do the talking and I'm sure you'll find your stay here enjoyable! And there's free (and fast) wi-fi (which I used to do this review, so it's proven to work!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely bed and breakfast in a rural setting. We stayed in a spacious family room with our son and were made to feel very welcome. The peaceful setting meant that we slept soundly and were ready for the great breakfast! The house is a short walk from the Seven Stars inn which was perfect for an evening meal after a long day in the sunshine on the beach. Would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My partner whisked me away after me having an operation a little while ago and we booked for one night but loved it so much we stayed for another two!!

Loved all the quirky features and will defiantly will be returning!!

There is a lovely little pub just a short walk away from the b n b, which is a good place for dinner.

Thank you!!

Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wool
The Royal Oak Hotel
#12 of 23 in Wareham
Wynards Farm
Wynards Farm
#1 of 4 in Winfrith Newburgh

Been to East Burton House? Share your experiences!