“Nice Homely Stay”

Frome Dale
Ranked #2 of 5 Wool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A very nice experience.

The room itself was very clean and well presented. Bathroom appeared new and finished to a high standard.

Owners were very welcoming and friendly.

Breakfast was large and of a high quality with a very good selection.

A fantastic B and B – could not find fault at all. Would love to come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our second stay at Frome Dale and once again we had two rooms for two nights. It was just as last time, very clean, comfortable clean bed, all the requirements for beverages etc and proper milk. Lots of little extras in the bathroom like shower gel, soaps etc. The bathroom was spotless. We looked forward to the breakfasts which were of a high quality, and once again a spotless breakfast room. Cannot fault this establishment and all run by Debbie who does a great job. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the same two rooms again which were ground floor and were very satisfied.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

One of the best B and Bs I think I have ever stayed in. A warm welcome, real milk on the tea and coffee tray, a proper shower, clean crisp bed linen, and a feeling that nothing was too much trouble. The whole place was scrupulously clean, coordinated decor and tableware, a superb breakfast and a teapot that didn't drip! 110% recommended!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 November 2013

A wonderful B&B. Extremely comfortable, spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are second-to-none. We comprised 4 adults in 2 rooms for 2 nights, 1st - 3rd November 2013.
We found Debbie to be a very welcoming, friendly and helpful owner who goes out of her way to meet individual requests. We were made to feel very much at home in her superb property which is ideally situated for accessing some of the major attractions of the area. For evening meals there are also 2 wonderful country-pubs, each serving superb food and good ales, within easy walking distance from the doorstep of Frome Dale.
This will be our only consideration for accommodation when we next visit Dorset and we will strongly recommend it to friends and family too.
Well done Debbie. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: Book direct, rather than through a 'hotels/accommodation' site, as you will get a far better...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I tried to book this for a wedding last weekend (October 26th). I emailed to reserve two rooms for four adults on September 16th and when I heard nothing back by September 19th I called to be told they had 'internet problems' and could I email again. So I emailed again, confirming I did want the rooms.

I then heard nothing and emailed again on October 8th asking that we were still OK to check in early as I had, yet again, not received a reply. I finally got a response the following day saying sorry for no reply but they had more 'computer/internet problems'. And also that they could no longer accommodate us.

Extremely bad customer service. I wonder if I hadn't emailed again to check regarding check in time whether we would have turned up to find that we had nowhere to stay. Extremely shoddy all round.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, we felt very welcome, the bedrooms are well looked after,comfortable,clean, very nice location.I would definitely go back there again! And would recommend for anyone to go there

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Loved the place. Debbie was very friendly and helpful. My room was cream and azure decorated and was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and I was sorry I could not stay all morning and eat, but I had a lot of travelling to do in a short space of time and had to be out early. I wish I had the time to stay longer, so I could also borrow their DVD collection which was vast and varied. Was very tired and probably did not make the room up properly, but when I came back of the evening, the room was very presentable. If I do wish to visit Dorset again, I would visit Frome Dale.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mintyburble
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wool
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
Whitemead Caravan Park
East Burton House
East Burton House
#5 of 5 in Wool

Been to Frome Dale? Share your experiences!